Two Airlines in Near Drone Misses

Reaction score
Seriously, how stupid do people have to be? Idiots like these are going to literally ruin it for the rest of us. The FAA is on the verge of approving very reasonable regulations for the drone industry, then idiots keep doing things like this:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/01/us/drone-airliner-jfk/

"But CNN analysts Bob Baer and Jonathan Gilliam worry about how drones could be used by those seeking to attack planes."

"This is crazy," Baer said. "You can take these drones and, with a 3D printer, make them out of explosives. They're very dangerous and they're advancing pretty quickly."

3D print drones out of explosives...

CNN propaganda at its very best :eek:

Reactions: scott rich
"But CNN analysts Bob Baer and Jonathan Gilliam worry about how drones could be used by those seeking to attack planes."

"This is crazy," Baer said. "You can take these drones and, with a 3D printer, make them out of explosives. They're very dangerous and they're advancing pretty quickly."

3D print drones out of explosives...

CNN propaganda at its very best :eek:
No, I think they actually "believe" their own stupidity. Every advancement in technology gets us closer to putting the "news" networks out of business. Of course they're raising hell about it!

Seriously, how stupid do people have to be?

Let's not add to the hysteria. A reported sighting of a "drone" is not the same thing as a confirmed "near miss."

In the case of a jet, as in the recent reports, an object as small as a typical quadcopter, passing close to the aircraft, would come into view then pass out of view quickly, not giving the observer much time to differentiate between a drone and, for instance, a bird.

And, two reports in two days is just one report per 50,000 flights under air traffic control in the US. That's just .002%.

-- Roger

Last edited:
So I have to be a little skeptical about the reports. One reason for this is the pilot said to air traffic that is was too far away to tell the color and that it was below him, also there is several comments that are made in this news report that false or unsubstantiated. I am not condoning that if it was a drone they should be held accountable for there actions.

How many bird strikes was there in the same two days?

I agree with Roger!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik