Twitching props at start-up

Reaction score
A question for the big brains here with a bit more experience than I have with this machine:

I've noticed that during my start-up routine when I power up the PV2 battery (after the Tx and Extender, of course) one of the four props twitches back and forth while the copter is doing it's R2-D2 thing and beeping a "good morning". The movement is not significant, just 1/32" or so of back and forth motion on just one prop and it only happens during the start-up song - to the beat. After that everything sits idle until I power up the motors for take-off.

Any ideas on whether or not this is something I should be concerned about or where I should start trying to troubleshoot it? With my admittedly limited knowledge of the complicated electronics involved, it seems to me that there is some feedback or cross-over happening somewhere in the power system. I poked around the Assistant v.1.08 software and didn't see anything that immediately looked like it would help figure this out.

As an aside - what is the proper number sequence for the motors? Is there one? I'd like to refer to them as Motor 1, Motor 2, etc. but I can't find any reference to this in the documentation.

Much appreciated...

The tones are produced by the Electronic Speed Controllers (ESCs) modulating power to the motors. I don't recall noticing it, but I don't think it's surprising that you might see it make the props move.

-- Roger

Probably normal, but keep an "ear" out for it... Visions motors/props have a unique sound to their chorus, if one if the motors is behaving differently you may hear it. If it behaves erratically in flight, say when hovering or when throttled up or L/R/FWD/BACK, then remove the shell and inspect the leads from the ESC boards to the Central board for loose/cold solder joints. This is covered elsewhere on the forum if you need instructions.

iDrone (the Very)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31