Twitch on Bank Turns

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this one out and not having much luck.

When I map a mission with a turn greater than 90*, I seem to get this weird twitch (see video). You can hear something odd in the motor speeds as well at the turn.

The video shows the same turn in two consecutive passes/loops.

Any ideas?

http://youtu.be/JiJiu4DtaH4

The leg was on a 64* heading turning to a 183* heading at a programmed speed of 10 m/s. I used this same turn several different places with the same results.

JTBernier said:
I've been trying to figure this one out and not having much luck.

When I map a mission with a turn greater than 90*, I seem to get this weird twitch (see video). You can hear something odd in the motor speeds as well at the turn.

The video shows the same turn in two consecutive passes/loops.

Any ideas?

http://youtu.be/JiJiu4DtaH4

The leg was on a 64* heading turning to a 183* heading at a programmed speed of 10 m/s. I used this same turn several different places with the same results.

That's interesting... I have not experienced that - but I am trying to think of how many routes I have set with a greater than 90 degree turn... are you on the latest firmware?

Buckaye said:
That's interesting... I have not experienced that - but I am trying to think of how many routes I have set with a greater than 90 degree turn... are you on the latest firmware?

Yes and the GS app was updated in November. The video is pre-app update, but test flights after the update have the same twitch.

JTBernier said:
Buckaye said:

Yes and the GS app was updated in November. The video is pre-app update, but test flights after the update have the same twitch.

I'll give it a shot this weekend deliberately going past 90 degrees on turns and see if I get the same thing.

Buckaye said:
JTBernier said:
Buckaye said:

I'll give it a shot this weekend deliberately going past 90 degrees on turns and see if I get the same thing.

Be sure to use BANK turns... it doesn't appear to do it with adaptive turns or stop & turn. Just trying to confirm that it's expected performance.

Speed doesn't seem to be a factor as I did a test flight at 5 m/s and had the same experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.