T'was the night after christmas - Know Before You Fly -FAA

Re: T'was the night after christmas - Know Before You Fly -F

Really all the comments got erased no one is aloud to have a opinion seems one mod is getting out of control ?

What'd I miss? What got deleted? By who????

-slinger

gunslinger said:
What'd I miss? What got deleted? By who????

-slinger

It appears two members discussed beyond what was being offered. Doesn't matter to me, but the video itself is not off topic. IMHO, it should reside in the General Discussion forum. But hey, I'm just a guest to the forum....

dirkclod said:
[ But hey, I'm just a guest to the forum....] What makes ya think that Rich ? We all the same here bro ! :D

Just saying...not my house, have to live by the house rules... Now go fly yourself!!!! :)

what comments????? What did I miss?

Know Before You Fly -FAA

Respectfully, Geert wouldn't this be better placed back into the General Discussion Forum? Heck you can post the link in a new thread if you want. Call it a PSA from the Phantom Forum. Just don't want the masses to not get the message and we all lose a little more freedom to fly as we now do. Besides it is just guidance, not laws. T'was the night after Christmas...

RichWest said:
My apology if this has already been posted....Know Before You Fly - FAA Safety Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF5Q9Jv ... e=youtu.be

Such a shame. An opportunity missed to get across the rules of the game.

Instead it was an incoherent list of thing they would like you to do, NOT what the rules are or the law is.

Hughie said:
Instead it was an incoherent list of thing they would like you to do, NOT what the rules are or the law is.
I thought it was a good video. Most everything in the video is toward being safe with your new device.
I did not catch where a big banner stated: "This IS the Law! Follow or else!"

Geert said:
750r said:
Really all the comments got erased no one is aloud to have a opinion seems one mod is getting out of control ?

I deleted all the posts in this thread as the ongoing conversation was based on insulting each other, off topic and was leading to nothing. For that reason all posts were deleted except for the OP. The member who started with these insulting posts was warned and banned for a week.
Everybody is entitled to give his/her opinion on our forum but with respect to other members and without insulting language use.

Hope you understand now and that this makes it clear to you.

Geert./.
That's all that needed said you should have just stated guys you are starting to bash each other I am ending this and left your sig .
Funny how I knew it was you anyhow I'm done Merry Christmas to all :D
Got a filling that there will be a lot of new flyers the next couple weeks try and point them in the right direction !

Happyflyer said:
Hughie said:
I thought it was a good video. Most everything in the video is toward being safe with your new device.
I did not catch where a big banner stated: "This IS the Law! Follow or else!"

You are right happyflyer, I think on watching it again I over did my response, especially about "the law".
I think my real beef was about the fact that the video was posed as stating "Rules of the Air".
One of these rules for example implied that you needed to join a club. Knowing the anti quad biggots in my local club this would certainly have put some off even buying a quad. It is not a rule of the air, that you have to join a club in order to fly - at least not yet :)

You are right though - there is some good safety stuff in there.

Hughie said:
......I think my real beef was about the fact that the video was posed as stating "Rules of the Air". One of these rules for example implied that you needed to join a club. Knowing the anti quad biggots in my local club this would certainly have put some off even buying a quad. It is not a rule of the air, that you have to join a club in order to fly - at least not yet :)
.....there is some good safety stuff in there.
+1 on the bold blue print. I don't think the local club here has many/any multirotor people.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj