[tutorial] How to fit your ipad air in the phantom 3 hardshell casing

Reaction score
Here you go!:)
Watch in HD, it will be up in around 5mins.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JdotB
I was just about to create a new thread to share photos of how I managed to fit my iPad Air 2 in the hard-shell backpack as well, but then I saw your thread so thought I'd add to it. I'm glad to see we both came up with the same solution as I tackled it with no prior knowledge of how others had done it. :)

I had the Fancier 40 backpack previously, but really hated how much of a pain it was to get the Phantom in and out due to the way it wouldn't fully open, so decided to get the DJI Hardshell Backpack instead, and I'm really glad I did!

With mine, I cut the base foam off at an angle, but not as steep as shown in the video. Hopefully the photos below have enough detail to show what was done.

I just used a breadknife to cut the foam. It worked very well and only required vacuuming up the bits afterwards.

IMG_3919.JPG IMG_3921.JPG IMG_3922.JPG IMG_3923.JPG IMG_3924.JPG IMG_3925.JPG IMG_3926.JPG IMG_3927.JPG IMG_3928.JPG IMG_3929.JPG

I love how everything fits so perfectly into the backpack! Well worth the money IMHO.
IMG_3931.JPG

Nice solution, thanks for sharing.

This works for me. Ipad, glare shield and a landing pad (for use on the beach) all fit perfectly.

Attachments

• 20160119_175900-1.jpg
    20160119_175900-1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 574
I thought about doing this but then I realized my iPad mini 3 speakers have magnets. Oh... Did I mention my Shield Tablets speakers have magnets...

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but shouldn't one keep tablets with magnets away from there phantom.

Not to mention, the picture above with tablet cover. Doesn't that have magnets on it, to keep it closed. * keep tablets away from bird JMO

Nice solution, thanks for sharing.

This works for me. Ipad, glare shield and a landing pad (for use on the beach) all fit perfectly.
That's how i do it! The first backpack i bought from Microcenter had some idiot try and cut out an iPad thing like this, screw up and thought he could just return it... i took it back and had to have it exchanged for a non-altered one... I just use it the way "with the birds" does... keeps it clean and simple and secure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.