Turning on equipment at a waypoint on an out of range flight

Reaction score
I would like to plan a mission in Litchi, and turn on some equipment (a little pump) when the Phantom reaches a waypoint, then turn it off at the next one.

For example, I thought I could have a waypoint action that turns on the video, but instead of turning on the video it turns on my pump. However, I don't know how the message to the camera is relayed or if this is possible.

Any advice on the best way to do this?

The available standard actions which can be executed by Litchi are given in the way point actions menu during mission planning. These relate solely to actions controlling photography and wait time.

Dominic

How about activating the pump by motion detection of the drone. You would need a sensor, perhaps some shielding and precise control of drone altitude and velocity [emoji882]

Dominic

How about activating the pump by motion detection of the drone. You would need a sensor, perhaps some shielding and precise control of drone altitude and velocity [emoji882]

Yes, I thought about using the "rotate aircraft" function with an accelerometer to detect when it rotates. However, I think this might be activated too soon by vibration, so I would rather hijack an electronic signal from the aircraft to its motors or camera.

The trouble is I don't know what all the wires leading to the camera do. I don't want to cut them if I can avoid it. I may just use the "tilt camera" action to press a switch. It seems inelegant though.

The pump is in the AC? How much does it weight, the reasonable assumption being that you propose to carry something to pump also? I would look for the retractable landing gear mod and see if you could implement the activation circuit. You need to consider weight also, every gram of additional payload reduces flight time by 1.4 seconds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj