Turning on DJI Phantom 2

Reaction score
I have been having same trouble as others turning on my Phantom 2,after first push of battery red button then 2 second push my drone turns on only half way(meaning only two lights in front turn on,this is only second time I turned it on,first time no problem what's going on?Is there a default button on Drone or something,please help!

You are turning it on correctly. Have you connected it to your PC and used the assistant software?
Which version of the P2 do you have? P2V, P2V+ or P2?
If not you can find it here - Phantom 2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI
I would suggest you download the manual and read it through thoroughly. ;)

I have been having same trouble as others turning on my Phantom 2,after first push of battery red button then 2 second push my drone turns on only half way(meaning only two lights in front turn on,this is only second time I turned it on,first time no problem what's going on?Is there a default button on Drone or something,please help!

There is a startup sequence where the two front LED's flash red and the P2 beeps three times then all four LED's will flash and finely you'll only have the rear two LED's flashing yellow. Once the startup sequence is completed and you start compass calibration (outside) the rear LED's will turn green When that calibration has been completed correctly those LED's will flash green rapidly as it receives 6 or more satellites and home point is locked in then they will flash green slowly. The front LED's will not turn until start the motors for takeoff and they will be a solid red indicating the front of the craft.

If you haven't read the User's Manual TJ supplied you with a link and you should take the time to read it may a couple of times.

Last edited:
It worked fine out the box until I installed software,first it didn't start,then I got it started halfway(2 lights on only)then I did software again now it beeps and doesn't start,is there a way to set a default mode to start from beginning?

I did update and after turning off it worked,but only two lights was on and after moving joysticks around they all started,but not full power(I'm in doors)is it because satellite can't connect?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik