Turnigy Accucel 6 Charger

Reaction score
Hello Boffins

I've just bought and tried to charge my Phantom 2 batteries out in the field from my car battery, when I select
battery Type (LiPo), and with every setting available for that type of battery, I get a "Balance Lead" error,
I assume this is because the Phantom 2 battery has an intelligent charging circuit built in, and dose not have a balancer lead connection.

The Accucel 6 has various balance lead inputs, is there some way to rig the input so it will work, or is there a way of setting up the charger from a laptop that would make it work...

any ideas or mods welcome

Keep twiddling the sticks
Waylander

Hello Boffins

I've just bought and tried to charge my Phantom 2 batteries out in the field from my car battery, when I select
battery Type (LiPo), and with every setting available for that type of battery, I get a "Balance Lead" error,
I assume this is because the Phantom 2 battery has an intelligent charging circuit built in, and dose not have a balancer lead connection.

The Accucel 6 has various balance lead inputs, is there some way to rig the input so it will work, or is there a way of setting up the charger from a laptop that would make it work...

any ideas or mods welcome

Keep twiddling the sticks
Waylander

Why not simply buy the dji car charger for $65 USD

Hi Jason
I'm asking the question because I already have an Accucel 6, and did not want to spend more money on another charger.
Thanks anyway
Waylander

You'll need to select lead-acid/Ni-Cd or a similar setting as the Phantom charger that comes with it is basically just a power supply.

Be mindful of the output voltage.

I cannot give you more specific info. as I do not have that charger other than to say BE CAREFUL.

You'll need to select lead-acid/Ni-Cd or a similar setting as the Phantom charger that comes with it is basically just a power supply.

Be mindful of the output voltage.

I cannot give you more specific info. as I do not have that charger other than to say BE CAREFUL.

Thanks N017RW I was reluctant to try another setting for fear of damaging the battery, but you are correct the original charger is just a 12v power supply, so there should be no problem.
Thanks for the jump start to the old grey matter though, I'm going to try your suggestion as soon as I get home

Best Regards
Waylander

Thanks N017RW I was reluctant to try another setting for fear of damaging the battery, but you are correct the original charger is just a 12v power supply, so there should be no problem.
Thanks for the jump start to the old grey matter though, I'm going to try your suggestion as soon as I get home

Best Regards
Waylander

Hi waylander,
the original DJI charger delivers 12.4V @ 4A. You can use any power supply that gives exactly this output. Do not use LiPo chargers. For me i am using an ordinary laptop car adapter worth $15, adjusted to 12.4V and it works perfectly. HTH

Hi Antares
Thanks for your reply, there is a lot said about the problems with LiPo batteries and charging etc, I did not know about the charging voltage being 12.4V , I suppose that the Phantom 2 and later batteries have the intelligent charging/balancing circuit built into them, so they perhaps are not as critical, so any DC supply at the correct voltage/current will do it seems.
Thanks again
Waylander

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik