turnigy 9x with phantom 2 (vision) failsafe issue

Reaction score
So I have a phantom 2 vision but I am assuming it the models are similar enough that the issue would apply to either. The problem I am having is when I switch off the controller I have the failsafe set on my frsky x8r receiver to go into failsafe mode and all gimbal sticks go to neutral, which works fine unless I try to turn back on the controller to take back control. The problem is that for a few seconds the three position switch toggles past the GPS setting on the flight controller. I believe this Is causing the P2V to fly out of control for a second until the controller reconnects and then the 3 position toggles to the correct spot and I can regain control. Its not the worse thing in the world because I can just not turn the controller back on and it will return to home and land. however in some cases I may need to retake control and I can see a potential disaster.

Has anyone else experienced this? I also noticed that I get an rx error in the phantom assistant when I first turn on the controller although the controls work just fine. I am thinking this is all part of the same problem. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks~

I have a T9X and an X8R in my Phantom although it's a P1. I'm connected by S-Bus though so it should effectively be the same as what you're doing. I have failsafe set up so that moving the "gear" switch moves the flight mode switch output to one of the in-between "failsafe" positions. I've tested failsafe both with that switched input as well as by switching off the controller and haven't experienced any instability when regaining control (either by moving the gear switch back or by turning the controller back on).

I'm also using a DJT module in the 9X and I'm guessing you might be using a XJT, shouldn't really matter though. Also, I have my failsafe on the X8R set to send a signal with neutral sticks and the gear switch in the failsafe position, this way switching off the controller just emulates the same thing as manually switching to f/s.

Are you running OpenTx/ER9X firmware by chance?

yes it is the XJT module and X8R receiver. I am running Er9X firmware. As I said it is only a problem when I turn the controller on for a second or two it does some crazy flips and then regains control once the connection is established.

Ahhh yes ok that makes sense, I'd already disabled all that, forgot it could disrupt the reconnection process.

Btw, if you're really in to DIY, it's possible to wire up a small cheap Bluetooth module to the XJT and then you can use FrSky's smartphone app to display telemetry on your phone screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4