Turned Remote off While Flying

Reaction score
The other morning while it was still dark I got up to take the sun rise.. while flying I wanted to hit the RTH button but accidentally turned off my remote. I hit the on/off button instead of the RTH button and I didn’t hear the usual RTH sound and saw my screen black and said aircraft disconnected. My heart sank when I realised what I had done. I was so stressed I thought I would lose my drone. I quickly turn my remote back on and thank God it connected.. luckily it had not flown too far away and I had plenty of charge on my battery.. I was able to RTH and land safely. My first silly mistake I thought I should share.
Cheers
Daasmangi
Esperance,
IMG_1527340120.541168.jpg
Western Australia

Reactions: MTO
I hit the on/off button instead of the RTH button and I didn’t hear the usual RTH sound and saw my screen black and said aircraft disconnected.
Turning the remote off will initiate RTH anyway within 3 seconds. ( Unless you are too close to the AC and it will land where it is ). Should not be a concern if you turn the RC off, assuming the above and you have your RTH settings correct. It is basically the same thing as losss of signal.

Reactions: Daasmangi and Oso
Reactions: Daasmangi and MTO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20