P3 Firmware Turned off before firmware update complete?

Reaction score
I got my advanced and was updating the firmware. Light on gimbal was blinking as expected, red and green. Came back maybe 10-15 min later and light was solid green. Figured it was done and turned phantom off. Loaded up txt file and it just said updating... Or something like that. It didn't say success or anything like that. However when I load up the app it lists the firmware as 1.6.4. Did it complete or not?? I did a test with no propellers indoors and it acts like it takes off fine. When I formatted the card again and tried to update again the phantom is just doing the startup sequence lights and gimbal light is solid green.

Its a pity that you formatted the card. The card would contained logs on the update.
It looks like you have done the firmware update correct. Remember to do batts and controller.

Anyways, if it didn't complete then just put it back in and keep going. That's what my girlfriends says :)

If it says 1.6.4 you are updated. I use the gimbal light to tell if it is completed or not. Solid green you are good to go, solid red means it failed. If you enable hidden folders on your pc there is a hidden folder called MISC, in there there is a folder called log. In that folder there is a file named P3X_FW_LOG_AB or close to that depending on your model. That has alot more information than the txt file on the root of the drive.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I think it's ok, the log file that I looked at was in the root directory so maybe I wasn't looking at the final log file.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl