Turn this ***** around!

Reaction score
We must turn the tide of negative publicity against the quad enthusiast- especially the multirotor pilot that's flying a camera aloft.

That change will come in the form of a good deed that a hobbyist pilot delivers when a lost child is found, or a dangerous scene is viewed by police thanks to an airborne view, or anything along these lines that will begin to build a case in favor of you and I having flying cameras....

I have had a handful of local conversations to offer my 'services' to police and fire representatives in a time of need- in hopes that it may benefit them in a positive way someday. They are very interested, and guess what? In an emergency- all bets are off, local authority rules, and having that relationship ahead of time will pay off for your local community, and this community.

The negative publicity is beginning to snowball, and there may be no hope for us if the FAA presents oppressive rules, and the public has a bad taste in their mouth because of all the 'bad people flying drones'... that are in the media every day.

Lets make an intentional effort do do good things with these things. No matter what we, or the Phantom Vision is called on channel 4 at dinner tonight.

;)

What specific assignments can you think of to start turning things around?

coloradosky said:

What specific assignments can you think of to start turning things around?

It occurred to me, and once I can make one I intend to practice what I preach, that a traditional banner (rigid pole mount under Phantom with string trailing? It would have be long enough, and stable enough to not ever jump up into the props) showing a local charity and contact info... flown over a populated area but not directly overhead, could possibly generate a little love for the gesture. I can promise it will cause a sensation although it may create a hassle in that all those for profit minds that notice it's potential could begin cluttering the skies with ads... but that is only a matter of time anyway- best to get in now and strike before all the dumb-dumbs come out and sell.

To help turn things around, how about http://sardrones.org/. They are are group of people who volunteer their time to help with search and rescue using 'drones' or more correctly

S.W.A.R.M. (Search With Aerial Rc Multi-rotor) is a worldwide volunteer search and rescue network of over 550 SAR Drone Pilots dedicated to searching for missing persons. Our primary mission is to offer and provide multi-rotor (drone) and fixed wing aerial search platforms for ongoing Search and Rescue operations at no cost to the SAR organization or to the family. In addition, we want to create increased awareness about the BENEFITS of RC Drone technologies.

Stufft said:
To help turn things around, how about http://sardrones.org/. They are are group of people who volunteer their time to help with search and rescue using 'drones' or more correctly

S.W.A.R.M. (Search With Aerial Rc Multi-rotor) is a worldwide volunteer search and rescue network of over 550 SAR Drone Pilots dedicated to searching for missing persons. Our primary mission is to offer and provide multi-rotor (drone) and fixed wing aerial search platforms for ongoing Search and Rescue operations at no cost to the SAR organization or to the family. In addition, we want to create increased awareness about the BENEFITS of RC Drone technologies.

It's a great group for anyone who is serious about making their UAV's available for those kinds of efforts.

Stufft said:

THATs what Im talking about- thanks for posting this info.

;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31