Turn Off Camera to upgrade battery??

Reaction score
For the latest update it asked me to "turn off the camera" before upgrading the battery.
Is this possible??
What is the correct way to upgrade the battery??
Thanks!!

That instruction is for owners of P2 Vision, not Vision Plus, which does not have a power button. Just ignore. No issue.

DrJoe said:
That instruction is for owners of P2 Vision, not Vision Plus, which does not have a power button. Just ignore. No issue.

I will +1 that, great stuff, also please note if you have more than one battery you need to repeat the upgrade for each battery! I know I have 4 and they are all now V2.6

At the moment it seems you need to use Vision Assist 3.2 to upgrade the battery firmware - you'll see the update notification in the upgrade tab. It won't show in v3.4

I purchased my PV2+ via an authorised UK dealer and carried out the firmware up grade and the software advised me about the battery upgrade, I tried with the first (1 of 3) batteries and it flashed up it was not a genuine battery and now it does not work!! I have not tried with the other 2 for fear of the same.
serial numbers - DJ070014082328353 and DJ070014082328608 still work but DJ070014082019333 now sits with the 2 middle LED indicators lit.

I have mailed the seller and await a response, could this be a sotfware glitch, have others upgraded without issue?

Upgraded one battery , second battery says non dji battery , tried to upgrade 3 times WTF !!!!!!!

Ok got working, disregarded the non dji battery pop up. , took 6 tries to get it to take. Other 3 batteries upgraded right away. Had to use assistant 3.2. Shows up in app as record 1,2 3 etc. says normal.
Got channel 7 working with the lever using the old pv2 "hack". Don't know if there's any advantage getting the new controller if channel 7 is now working.

Thanks, I asked this same question this morning and the post was locked and I was told to post it elsewhere, which I did, and I never got a response on that thread. Being new to this large of forum, it is difficult to know all the rules of where the administrators want everything posted. I though it was a Vision plus question, so I put it here.

Edit: I was told that if you hold down the shutter button on the camera (on the bottom) for 2-3 seconds, that it turns the camera off. I did that and it turns the LED to red , but the gimble is still active, so I am not sure if the camera is actually off. I guess I should check it with the app running and see what happens to my FPV

I upgraded all of my batteries without turning the camera off on my Phantom 2 vision plus without any problems.
You can disregard the warning unless you have a Vision 2.
I had to use the version 3.2 instead of 3.4, as the battery upgrade option did not appear in the 3.4 version.

Mine updated the 'first' battery but all the others remain the same.

Just done a complete "update" of all software on the Quad and the battery hasn't changed . . .

Mori55 said:
So what does the upgrade do ??

Not sure.. but i think:
Prevents the "early go home" problem.
Prevents battery swelling.
Auto discharge
Cell detection for bad battery
Battery history
Balancing

AnselA said:
Mako79 said:
Auto discharge

???

Not sure yet.. its to do with storage/swelling...
I'll find out when get her in the air.. its 1am here in Aus..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues