Tulsa, Oklahoma Phantom vision Plus

Reaction score
Hey Guys, having range issues with a new Phantom 2 Vision Plus.. If anyone is near Tulsa, Oklahoma that has a Vision Plus I would like to talk to you.. Please contact me at 918-269-3594

Thanks, Dennis

I'm in tulsa but I haven't really pushed the distance. We could get together and do some side by side testing if you want.

I've only gone 500' or so high and probably only 800' or so away. I haven't flown it in a big open space to push it.

Hi Guys, Im only getting about 300 feet vertical and then it looses RC link and returns home.. I can go up about 160 feet and fly out about 800 feet until I lose signal.. Either way can't go above 300 feet, I just figured 300 feet vertical was pretty short.. Any thoughts?

Dennis

Ryan, Give me a call if you can, I would love to compare what you are getting in range.. A side by side comparison would help me a lot here..

Thanks, Dennis

BlackTracer said:
Some new flyers don't point their TX antennas properly for best comm. Be sure the long side is pointing at the bird not the pointed end.

exactly :cool:

TX is in fcc mode and I have tried every possible direction concerning the antenna orientation. doesn't seem to make much difference.

Beeps twice when transmitter turns on yes?
Try this for me...
Flip the transmitter over, in the lower right hole, use a phillips and turn it to the right (clock wise). It only moves a little.
I think that is pot knob boost transmitter range.

I used to get 200-300 metres and RTH was triggered. I maxed mine out and it doubled to 600m.
If they wanted CE or FC, they should of made 2 position toggle switch. Why waste a pot knob?
I think the manual is mis-interpreted. I dont have an attenuation measuring device but i think its 25mw at minimum (rotate left) and 100mw max (rotate right). Thats why it says CE to left and FCC to the right...

Some one prove me wrong please.

Hi Tulsa flyers. New to the forum. I am about to buy a Vision Plus but would like to get your thoughts and recommendations first. I have some questions if anyone has the time to answer them for me. The waypoint following feature that the PLUS has, are there any other model Phantoms that have it?

happydays said:
Hook it up to the assistant software and check the mode on there. Some people were reportedly getting two beeps from the transmitter (indicating FCC mode) but on the assistant software it was still registering as CE mode. Worth a look, surely?

I really think that all transmitters in the vision series beep twice.
The knob rotating counter clockwise just drops the transmit power and hence the "CE range".
Only way is to do poll and see who has a transmitter that beeps once.

I have 1 beep with CE and with FCC I have 2 beeps :cool:
I got him with one beeb ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20