Trying to set up a meet up in Southern California (PASADENA)

Reaction score
I am trying to set up a meetup in Southern California. I am trying to find a central spot with a lot of room to fly and shoot. I have an idea of a place in Pasadena. Right next to the Rose Bowl (where UCLA Football plays) is a huge open grassy area that has a lot of room. I play golf right there and see model airplanes fly all the time so I know it's ok to fly around there. If I can get enough people to meet up and fly, possibly DJI will do something for us to ecourge more meetups.
I am trying to set something up before the end of the year. Since it is in California there are many sunny days so no need to worry about bad weather.
All DJI models are encouraged. We need begginer and expert flyers and everything in between.
Anybody who has ideas on a date or want to help set this up please speak up.
If there are any DJI reps or shops that sell DJI and want to help out with parts or something would be great. I'm sure that repairs will needed that day and if upgrades are available then I'm sure people will be interested in purchasing them and having them installed such as HDMI boards, antenna mods, props and so on.

I am trying to set up a meetup in Southern California. I am trying to find a central spot with a lot of room to fly and shoot. I have an idea of a place in Pasadena. Right next to the Rose Bowl (where UCLA Football plays) is a huge open grassy area that has a lot of room. I play golf right there and see model airplanes fly all the time so I know it's ok to fly around there. If I can get enough people to meet up and fly, possibly DJI will do something for us to ecourge more meetups.
I am trying to set something up before the end of the year. Since it is in California there are many sunny days so no need to worry about bad weather.
All DJI models are encouraged. We need begginer and expert flyers and everything in between.
Anybody who has ideas on a date or want to help set this up please speak up.
If there are any DJI reps or shops that sell DJI and want to help out with parts or something would be great. I'm sure that repairs will needed that day and if upgrades are available then I'm sure people will be interested in purchasing them and having them installed such as HDMI boards, antenna mods, props and so on.

I'm a P3P owner living in Pasadena, and have flown quite a few times near the Rose Bowl - it's a great place to test things out. I'd be interested in a meeting. One thought though - I wonder how long it will be before DJI decides no one should be allowed to fly anywhere near the Rose Bowl (irrespective of whether an event is on progress or not). Never mind fact that the RC planes have been there for decades.

Are the fields near the Rose Bowl pretty consistently open on non event days? Considering holding a meetup there in early January if so. You guys should join! Drone Flying in LA

Did this meet-up ever take place?

On non-event days they are normally open. There is soccer there going on there but we would most likely be in the corner on the concrete. If someone is interested in setting this up with me I would be more than happy to help by calling local vendors and see if they could come out with DJI products to purchase. We can shoot for sometime in January 2016 if we get enough interest.

We're holding a meetup at this spot near the Rose Bowl on January 9th. We'll have Phantoms to fly, free t-shirts, pizza, drinks and more for all who attend. Find details here: Drone Flying in LA

Hope to see you out there!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.