Trying to recover camera operation in a P3PRO

Reaction score
DJIGo 3.1.5
RC 1.5.80
AC 09.00.60

Camera takes a really nice still. Recording a video not so good. After capturing, when I play video it starts on screen but basically does not move ahead. If I move video ahead myself It only shows as a still. Picture quality is not as good as actual still. I have NO FPV on my IPAD.

What recording settings are you recording on? 4k? 2.7k, 1080p?

Did you have this issue before upgrading to DJI Go 3.1.5?

(You will probably get questions before answers, do bear with us ;) )

DJIGo 3.1.5
RC 1.5.80
AC 09.00.60

Camera takes a really nice still. Recording a video not so good. After capturing, when I play video it starts on screen but basically does not move ahead. If I move video ahead myself It only shows as a still. Picture quality is not as good as actual still. I have NO FPV on my IPAD.
Also, are you sure those are your FW versions? If so, have you been able to fly normally?
Normally, due to encryption differences if you have your RC at something lower than 1.6 you would also need your AC to be something less than 1.8.
You seem to be saying that you have RC 1.5 and AC 1.9 (assuming that the 09.00.60 you noted actually means 1.9) which would be a mismatch.

Reactions: JoBe
Sorry this is a work in progress. Trying to recover camera operation. Bird flies with 1.6. Only moved down to 1.5.8 last night. Have not tried to fly. Would you know if, with a lot of info from this thread, Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6 might I be able to move down to 1.7.60? Might you answer after reading my posts?

thanks

If you have no good reason or need to fly earlier firmware update RC and remote to current, that should fix your FPV issue. To test the integrity of the video files copy off the SD card to a PC and open in VLC player. The fact you can scrub through the video suggests there isn't an issue.

At work right will reply after some further tests when I get home.

thank you all for your input.

Reactions: Digdat0
Ok I was at:
ver 3.1.5
ac 1.10.90
fc 1.8.0
This did not work for FPV.

I am now at:
ver 3.1.5
ac at 1.09.00.60
fc 1.6
Still no fpv.
As far as video off sd card running in vlc, 1st frame shows and then progress bar starts across the screen and 1st frame stays there. It completes in vlc with cone showing. If I jump across screen with progress bar and access another another new frame, it still reacts the same as the first frame.

I have read latest version 1.10.90 does not do justice to fpv, and so I am trying to downgrade firmware.

Reactions: Digdat0
Try AC FW 1.9.6, RC FW 1.8 and the App Ver should be ok at 3.1.5. I also use this same FW setup with my P3P, iPad also and everything works fine. Good luck...

So my work in progress is at Version 3.1.5
in controller. I am working my way down to P3X_FW_V01.01.0008 in my P3. , and then on my way back up to???? The whole reason for this is to try and recover "no image" on my RC.

Could someone please tell me when I reach that firmware version in my P3, and about to start upgrading, do I also upgrade my RC as it is now at 1.5.8 or can I run 1.5.8 ?

mine does the same thing if im recording in the 4k mode. if i lower the camera to lover settings and record video, it plays just fine on computer now. my issue was not a fast enough computer to play a 4k video.

Ok I was at:
ver 3.1.5
ac 1.10.90
fc 1.8.0
This did not work for FPV.

I am now at:
ver 3.1.5
ac at 1.09.00.60
fc 1.6
Still no fpv.
As far as video off sd card running in vlc, 1st frame shows and then progress bar starts across the screen and 1st frame stays there. It completes in vlc with cone showing. If I jump across screen with progress bar and access another another new frame, it still reacts the same as the first frame.

I have read latest version 1.10.90 does not do justice to fpv, and so I am trying to downgrade firmware.

Yeah, computer not fast enough to play 4K video. This happens on my server machine, it's low power to save energy but enough for what I need. Ultimately, I play 4K videos on my gaming rig.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4