Trying to pinpoint a problem.

Reaction score
Hi all, as the title says. Was thinking maybe I had a firmware problem, had my motors running in the house literally touching distance away and the distance on screen increased up to 10 meters away or so, went ouside then had a play about and my live feed kept freezing, weak signal etc. all this happening while my bird was maybe 10ft in the air. So went of to the country today got the bird up to 400ft and managed to fly over 1km away with no issues at all and still perfect signal, took it back into where I was and close to me im getting freezing screen again and weak signal. My AC latest firmware and my RC is latest firmware and im running v3.1.4 DJI GO. Using iphone 6+, 3rd party USB cable. I was leaning towards a problem with the GO app but maybe the people on here can help me out. Thanks

App should have nothing to do with a weak signal. Sounds more like some outside interference. Take it that this is a new problem in a location that has been working without incident up to now? The fact that everything works ok when you change locations means that there isn't anything wrong with your system.

Thanks for reply Richard. I Normaly calibrate compass every location im at, I didn't today. I was quite close to my (running) car and there were some trees nearby. Might have been the issue. My data on healthy drones looks good aswell I think. im a newbie to healthy drones.

Thanks for reply Richard. I Normaly calibrate compass every location im at, I didn't today. I was quite close to my (running) car and there were some trees nearby. Might have been the issue. My data on healthy drones looks good aswell I think. im a newbie to healthy drones.
You really don't want to keep calibrating the compass. The manual doe not recommend it and that is the consensus here, too. Too easy to introduce other errors. Find a good spot, do a careful calibration then leave it alone unless you get some type of warning or error. Even then, don't jump to calibrate until you try moving to a different spot. Often warning is because of some problem with the spot where the bird is sitting and not with your hardware.

Hi all, as the title says. Was thinking maybe I had a firmware problem, had my motors running in the house literally touching distance away and the distance on screen increased up to 10 meters away or so, went ouside then had a play about and my live feed kept freezing, weak signal etc. all this happening while my bird was maybe 10ft in the air. So went of to the country today got the bird up to 400ft and managed to fly over 1km away with no issues at all and still perfect signal, took it back into where I was and close to me im getting freezing screen again and weak signal. My AC latest firmware and my RC is latest firmware and im running v3.1.4 DJI GO. Using iphone 6+, 3rd party USB cable. I was leaning towards a problem with the GO app but maybe the people on here can help me out. Thanks
It might be the orientation of the antennas on the RC to the antennas on the phantom. When you fly close to yourself, especially straight above yourself, you don't get optimum performance from the radio signal. Mine will do the same thing until I put a little distance between the RC and phantom.

Actually, the manual says on page 45..."Calibrate the compass before each flight. Launch DJI Pilot app and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the compass."
That being said, RICHARD R is right. Find a good spot, calibrate and then leave it alone unless you get some type of warning or error. Most people only calibrate for errors or if they travel 25+ miles away.

Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1