Trying to help a friend with a p3 adv.

Reaction score
sorry this is here and not at a p3 place. I just helped a friend find a buy a used p3 adv. It is in pretty darn good shape except for a few stress cracks. Flies perfectly, he is just getting into the hobby. 2 questions.
The little triangle (representing the drone in DJI go ap) is always pointing the opposite way with respect to the drone. If its pointing away from home base on the screen, it's really facing the home point. Any way to fix this. also his p3 adv came with 2 batteries. They still perform well 15 to 17 mins of flight time but they are old. Holding the button down to reveal the lifespan left on battery yeilds 1 solid and one blinking bar on the battery. how will these batteries die? will flight time continually reduce, or will they just die mid flight soon. He is looking into purchasing new p3 batteries, but money is tight.
thanks,

If you want the arrow to point in the same direction as the drone is flying you need to calibrate the compass on your device(phone or tablet). You can download a compass app for your device and use it to calibrate if your device doe not have one already. I don't trust the holding the button down way of checking battery life left. I use the app to make sure all cells are within spects. No more than .10 difference. Also use the Go App for remaining mah.

I just helped a friend find a buy a used p3 adv. It is in pretty darn good shape except for a few stress cracks.
If those cracks are around the motor mounts, as most are, I would be very wary about flying that way for very long. Personally, I would replace the shell if possible, or worst case use sealant and add motor supports.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4