Trying to extend my range of flight?

there are numerous threads on antenna and battery mods that extend range. if you want to go farther than what those provide, you're on your own.

Any one try anything to extend the range of your flight? The best products and problems?

What range are you wanting to reach?
I've tested stock P3P setup in suburb area with moderate amounts of interference upto 2.25 miles no problem.. My testing showed 3-D printed antenna boosters struggling to get 25% more range, and DBS Itelite panel easily reaching 50% more range without signal loss.. DBS will go much further, and will exceed the round trip limits of the stock battery..

In the area I fly near my house, I have been getting to about 3k feet before video dropping out. Installed a windsurfer today and made it to 6500k feet and turned around because I just didn't feel the need to go any further. No signal drop at all. 20.00 on amazon. Just make sure you point the antennas towards the bird.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The "windsurfer" antenna booster will actually give you more than 25% in areas with less interference (like open areas and over water)

Thanks. I'll try installing a windsurfer.
I get about 19000' with a 3d printed windsurfer, high interference area. All you really need is the stock controller & a windsurfer & you will go about as far as the battery will allow, a stock battery in least. At 19000' i land just before the warnings start appearing.

There are a lot that say they see the same range with all those expensive antenna upgrades.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4