Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. jmc67

So I have a Phantom 3 Pro and now a Mavic Pro. I have been considering replacing the P3P with the P4P but not sure if that is overkill since I already have the Mavic. I know there are differences between the two. Would you still buy the P4P although you already own the Mavic?

#1 jmc67, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. KevMo Photog

If you got the cash heck yes I would get the P4P for the camera. Def much better in low light. I sold two P4's and moved into the P4P. Very happy! Couple little tweaks here and there with a new update will make me even happier. Like the few gimble glitches I'm still getting about every flight. The gimble will do a quick little twitch in a turn usually. Other than that it's been super!

Techcop50 likes this.
  3. Techcop50

Like Kev said, buy both if you can afford it. Ordered the Mavic early, but not early enough. Then they announced the P4Pro+, and I jumped on that, thinking I might return the Mavic when it finally arrived. But it's so darn portable, I keep it with me all the time. But for a planned project, the P4P+ is the only way to go, that camera is amazing!

KevMo Photog likes this.
  4. mikesher

I had two P3 Pro's a few months ago... Ordered a Mavic Pro when it was announced... waited forever... Sold one P3P..... While still waiting, the P4P was announced so I ordered it immediately (because of the camera) and cancelled the Mavic Pro order. Received the P4P, and love it. Still pining for the Mavic Pro, I sold my second P3P and re-ordered the Mavic Pro. I now have both. They are a good compliment to each other.. the Mavic for being portable, and the P4P for its image quality, obstacle avoidance, and stability in high winds.

KevMo Photog likes this.
  5. jmc67

Thanks all. I'm sold.....just ordered the P4P.

6. Dirby

good show.

KevMo Photog likes this.