Trying again and now with Vivid selected ... P3P

Reaction score
I had tried all the preselect settings and sat with D-Cinelook ... but all was greyed out as you see in my previous ...

Guy had repeated try Vivid ... so I tried it again today ... and I now cannot understand why I missed this before ...

Made a big difference to colour range - it is now getting close to the Soloshot 3 range in colour .... much better ...

Nigel

I have been through all the different settings, and finally settling on Dlog, if I have some decent footage I edit in Premiere, and add a LUT.
I enjoy playing around with the settings and post production stuff, but for good quick results, then I agree Vivid is my next go to choice.
Each to their own I suppose.

I had tried all the preselect settings and sat with D-Cinelook ... but all was greyed out as you see in my previous ...

Guy had repeated try Vivid ... so I tried it again today ... and I now cannot understand why I missed this before ...

Made a big difference to colour range - it is now getting close to the Soloshot 3 range in colour .... much better ...

Nigel
Nigel, you do know that the dynamic range is better and D log and Cinema. In postproduction you add the color back in.

Nigel

Nice you could get colors even in white snow surroundings. Great.

Nigel, you do know that the dynamic range is better and D log and Cinema. In postproduction you add the color back in.

Yes ... but I am no Editing Pro and only use simple video editor such as Movie Maker Live. This only gives very limited post production changes.
This means I need as near finished result of the SD card.

I work at home and my job means 24/7 running Superintendents / Inspectors all over the world. Writing reports / answering to major Oil Traders etc. - so my video editing time is severely limited. Right now - I am typing on this computer with another sitting to the right with questions / answers for jobs in progress now : Croatia, Cyprus and Egypt in session. Never a dull moment !! Plus of course the time I spend flying half way round world !!

Point taken though.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4