Try to learn film and editing

I wish I had that scenery to shoot. When making those long approaches, try stopping and taking a high res still that can better show what you looking at, and change the settings to get the effect you desire. Your Shutter Speed, Aperture, and ISO photo settings, really give you the power of a professional photographer. Great shooting you did, there.

Reactions: Simzy666
Here's a video I just made. It's from Sweden, Trollhättan. I'm quite new to this so some advice and criticism are welcome:)
I think I need some kind of filter? Any recommendations? And where to buy it.

Peter

First off I really recommend you upgrade to the P4. I saw quite a bit of jello in the footage, and you will never get this in the P4 because it uses a mechanical shutter. Gone are the days where great footage is ruined by jello starting with the P4.

Second I think you are falling for the myth that you need to keep your shutter speed at 2x your frame rate. Yes that's a great goal to have, but most people have no idea why that is a very loose rule in the videography world. I do not feel like going into an indepth explanation here, but I recommend you research the reasons why that is a recommendation and you will probably reach the conclusion that it does not apply to drones, at least not in the daytime. Not to mention that the weight of an ND filter can burn out your gimbal servos. The best thing you can do for your footage to improve the color is to apply a LUT to it. I recommend you research LUTs and learn how to use them to creatively color grade. Your footage already looks properly exposed, but to take it from good to great you will need to do more than properly expose for the lighting.

Reactions: Simzy666
First off I really recommend you upgrade to the P4. I saw quite a bit of jello in the footage, and you will never get this in the P4 because it uses a mechanical shutter. Gone are the days where great footage is ruined by jello starting with the P4.

Second I think you are falling for the myth that you need to keep your shutter speed at 2x your frame rate. Yes that's a great goal to have, but most people have no idea why that is a very loose rule in the videography world. I do not feel like going into an indepth explanation here, but I recommend you research the reasons why that is a recommendation and you will probably reach the conclusion that it does not apply to drones, at least not in the daytime. Not to mention that the weight of an ND filter can burn out your gimbal servos. The best thing you can do for your footage to improve the color is to apply a LUT to it. I recommend you research LUTs and learn how to use them to creatively color grade. Your footage already looks properly exposed, but to take it from good to great you will need to do more than properly expose for the lighting.
Thank you for your input. I will read about the LUT cuz I just heard about it and know nothing about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4