Trouble

Reaction score
I finally got the blinking light to just blink green but now I cant get the throttle to go.. I move the stick up and I get nothing.. I have never flown the phantom.. Please help it is driving me crazy

if you have updated to new software, you have to activate the motors my pushing both sticks to down and out or down and in,, then push throttle to mid-point and phantom with throttle up and lift off to around four to six feet off the ground and hover there, you can do this in gps or attitude mode.also you will get two green blinks till throttle is at mid-point then a single green blink,, make sure you watch the videos and tutorials on youtube, they help a lot.

I'm also a complete noobie and also having a similar problem, though a few minutes ago I finally managed to get it started and in the air. But... with a clear view of the sky I never did get less than 3 blinking green lights. Also, it was unresponsive for several minutes and the weather is relatively warm (at least for Puget Sound!).

In ATTI mode I get two recurring yellow flashes -- is this normal?

I've read all the docs and watched the videos multiple times but this ain't that easy! :?

yeah phantom wont respond till imu is warmed up the yellow blinks when that stops you will get a rapid bunch of green blinks, that is imu locking your home point then will settle in to two green blinks when you take off it will go to one green blink till you move the the sticks then will give you two green blinks and when you stop in gps will go back to one green blink in attitude it gives you two yellow blinks. the take off procedicure at throttle mid stick is automatic just move to half throttle phantom will spool up lift off and hover in gps mode.

toolman2a said:
take off procedicure at throttle mid stick is automatic just move to half throttle phantom will spool up lift off and hover in gps mode.

Thanks toolman2a... but I'm not clear on "trottle mid stick". Do you mean we should position the trottle in the center and the Phantom will then take off (while in GPS mode)?

As soon as our latest rain squall passes, I'll give it a try :)

yeap when you move the thottle stick to mid point half way, the phantom will then throttle up and take off to about four to five feet and hover there ,, thats in gps mode i am not sure in attitude mode i always use gps lot less drift and wind will not blow it around ,, take it easy with it just baby steps at first keep it close and dont go to high till you get some experience on it,, your gonna love it.

"take it easy" is excellent advice.

It is amazing how much you can learn in your first five minutes of flight. Such as, "this meadow isn't nearly as big as I thought!" I wanted to do my first flight in a neighbor's pasture but when I got there his mule became very excited when he saw the Phantom and insisted on looking over my shoulder. I'm glad now that I scrubbed that attempt -- my first flight here at home was pretty erratic, with two crashes into the grass.

I'm learning to fly by "trial & terror" :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20