trouble with update

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a P3P andI haven't used my drone in a while, and needed to do the update 1.10.9
I have followed the instructions, loaded the .bin file onto a card, inserted into the drone, then started it up. It made lots of appropriate noises and at approx 23 mins stopped and then the camera light went red and woudn't proceed. the txt file said it failed and to try again. I reformatted the card and followed instructions, but the noises didn't start , only a whirring, - the txt file advised to reboot and try again.
My RC no longer advises to update the bird,only the RC
what do I do now please? Am i safe to fly?
thanks
glen

Last edited:
Which firmware versions do you see in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO when your Phantom is connected to DJI GO?

Which firmware versions do you see in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO when your Phantom is connected to DJI GO?

thanks for the reply
aircraft version 1.10.90
app version 3.1.1
RC version 1.1.8

I now cannot update the RC either :(
DJI need to streamline this process
(I have been working away and havent needed to do the earlier updates as the drone was working well until the app updated, then I lost the video link, but flew ok)

That is the current firmware version. You should be good as-is.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply
aircraft version 1.10.90
app version 3.1.1
RC version 1.1.8

I now cannot update the RC either :(
DJI need to streamline this process
(I have been working away and havent needed to do the earlier updates as the drone was working well until the app updated, then I lost the video link, but flew ok)
Are you sure that your RC is version 1.1.8?

even if the txt report after the update of the aircraft said it failed and to repeat?
Please post the entire TXT file here.

thanks for your time, I do appreciate it
my first upload txt file was deleted after re-formatting to try the update again, this is the second file - sorry about deleting the first one, it probably had the needed info.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB 2.txt
    922 bytes · Views: 300
Last edited:
Did you try downgrading to 1.9.6 and then upgrading again?

aircraft version 1.10.90
app version 3.1.1
RC version 1.1.8
Are you sure that your RC is version 1.1.8?
this is what it reads on the dji go app this morning
So 1.1.8 was released back in May of 2015. If your RC does have 1.1.8 as you have confirmed, then you have very old firmware. You said that you hadn't used your drone in awhile. Have you not updated the RC for more than a year and a half?

So 1.1.8 was released back in May of 2015. If your RC does have 1.1.8 as you have confirmed, then you have very old firmware. You said that you hadn't used your drone in awhile. Have you not updated the RC for more than a year and a half?

No. I haven't needed to or had access to internet to do the upgrade. The drone was working perfectly until the app updated, then the video feed stopped while flying.
Did you try downgrading to 1.9.6 and then upgrading again?

I did try but it wouldn't let me. I loaded the card and it made a whirring noise and a red camera light, with failed test on the txt file

Please post the TXT file contents here.

My Phantom 3 professional isn't downloading app.. the Drone worked fine the few first few times out. Any suggestions

text file

Interesting. Did you also have a very old FW version on your AC before you tried 1.10? I thinking that since you currently have 1.1.8 on your RC, you may have had 1.1.8, 1.1.9 or 1.2x on your AC. If you did, it is required to install 1.3.2 prior to then installing a more current version such as 1.9.6 or 1.10. @msinger has the best go-to step by step procedures for FW updates.

I would normally tell someone to install 1.3.2 first, then proceed with a newer FW. The issue now is that your app is already reporting that you have 1.10, so I don't know if your AC will allow the install of 1.3.2. Unfortunately, DJI has stated that there are no rollbacks once you've gone to 1.10. That's via normal means of course. Sadly, several here have confirmed that the new "no rollback" restriction is true. You are sort of in a gray area officially, but unofficial methods for downgrading have been emerging recently.

If it were mine, I would make an attempt to install 1.3.2 to see if it completes successfully. If it does complete, from there you can make further decisions once you also update your RC to 1.3.2.
You can download the P3P 1.3.2 FW directly from DJI by clicking here or by going to this post.

Let us know what you think. We'll do our best to help you. Good luck.

Last edited:
Interesting. Did you also have a very old FW version on your AC before you tried 1.10? I thinking that since you currently have 1.1.8 on your RC, you may have had 1.1.8, 1.1.9 or 1.2x on your AC. If you did, it is required to install 1.3.2 prior to then installing a more current version such as 1.9.6 or 1.10. @msinger has the best go-to step by step procedures for FW updates.

I would normally tell someone to install 1.3.2 first, then proceed with a newer FW. The issue now is that your app is already reporting that you have 1.10, so I don't know if your AC will allow the install of 1.3.2. Unfortunately, DJI has stated that there are no rollbacks once you've gone to 1.10. Sadly, several here have confirmed that the new "no rollback" restriction is true, so you are sort of in a gray area.

If it were mine, I would make an attempt to install 1.3.2 to see if it completes successfully. If it does complete, from there you can make further decisions once you also update your RC to 1.3.2.
You can download the P3P 1.3.2 FW directly from DJI by clicking here or by going to this post.

I think its stuffed.... i did try to load 1.9 after the 1.10 fail and it wouldnt allow it. I will try the 1.3.2 in case it lets it update.
I work remotely with very poor internet and had heard all about the issues with earlier updates and probably wouldnt have done this one if I had video feed. (I could fly fine)
I will give it a try in an hour or two :/
thanks for your help.
glenda

Reactions: Oso

I would normally tell someone to install 1.3.2 first, then proceed with a newer FW. The issue now is that your app is already reporting that you have 1.10, so I don't know if your AC will allow the install of 1.3.2. Unfortunately, DJI has stated that there are no rollbacks once you've gone to 1.10. Sadly, several here have confirmed that the new "no rollback" restriction is true, so you are sort of in a gray area.

Hello again,
I have tried to install 1.3.2 but nothing happened (constant green camera light and no beeps). I also tried to instal it onto the RC and nothing happened.
the DJI videos dont discuss needing 1.3.2 installed, and i should have remembered to look at the forum first.
anyway, I am discharging my batteries and RC as the bird is about to be packed away, until I can sort it out another time. Disappointing as I am heading to an interesting location.
Hopefully DJI will make it able to rollback some time in the future.
Thanks so much, have a great new year
Glen

Hello again,
I have tried to install 1.3.2 but nothing happened (constant green camera light and no beeps). I also tried to instal it onto the RC and nothing happened.
the DJI videos dont discuss needing 1.3.2 installed, and i should have remembered to look at the forum first.
anyway, I am discharging my batteries and RC as the bird is about to be packed away, until I can sort it out another time. Disappointing as I am heading to an interesting location.
Hopefully DJI will make it able to rollback some time in the future.
Thanks so much, have a great new year
Glen
I'm disappointed to hear that it didn't work. I was pulling for you.

For sure DJI has repeatedly demonstrated that they are very poor with communication. Even critically important details are often only discovered and disseminated by the user community. Thankfully, the user community is amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.