Trouble with H-3 3D FPV - GoPro

Reaction score
I had a Phantom 2 with a DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3 Axis .
i was having trouble with the USB connecting to the Assistant app so I sent it to DJI.
7 Months later I received a email they were replacing the whole Phantom 2.

I didn't send the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3 Axis to DJI because it was working fine.
When I received the New Phantom 2 it was a version 2 with the new style controller.

Now the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3 Axis doesn't work correctly. It was DEAD at first, so I did a factory reset which
brought it back to life, but the Gimbal is now Jerky and the 'ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz AV Transmitter for FatShark' doesn't have an image (See Attached).

I changed the ribbon connector - No Luck.

Anyone had this problem?

Thom

yFK7m4

Attachments

• Monitor-Screen-Error.jpg
    Monitor-Screen-Error.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 393
I had a Phantom 2 with a DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3 Axis .
i was having trouble with the USB connecting to the Assistant app so I sent it to DJI.
7 Months later I received a email they were replacing the whole Phantom 2.

I didn't send the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3 Axis to DJI because it was working fine.
When I received the New Phantom 2 it was a version 2 with the new style controller.

Now the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3 Axis doesn't work correctly. It was DEAD at first, so I did a factory reset which
brought it back to life, but the Gimbal is now Jerky and the 'ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz AV Transmitter for FatShark' doesn't have an image (See Attached).

I changed the ribbon connector - No Luck.

Anyone had this problem?

Thom

yFK7m4

I see the GoPro battery needs to be charged in your photo. So remove the GP and charge it on your PC then reinstall it and see if you have video.

Also connect the P2 to its software and check to see if it has the latest gimbal upgrade 1.0.0.12 in the upgrades tab

What you see is the Monitor battery life. When the GoPro is attached to the P2 it gets its power from the P2 Battery.
All updates are done via the usb port. I think it's a short or comparablity of the new P2 annd the H3-3D. Maybe a cable.

Calling DJI on Monday. I'll report what kind of excuse they come up with.

Last edited:
Hi Thom,

I may have made a mistake about which battery was low but I'm not new at this been flying for over 19 months. When first power up the P2 the gimbal goes through its calibration then settles down at 45° angle. and stays that way until you adjust it with the tilt wheel (X1). Now if you cannot adjust the tilt or it will not stay put check to see if the P2 has the current gimbal software 1.0.0.12. If your getting a message to login or to register when loading the P2 software do so if you haven't the current gimbal software and if the P2 software isn't up to date v3.14 which the latest I would hold off on that update.

As for the camera not working that message on the screen indicates that it is and there wasn't any need to to change the ribbon cable. I haven't the time right now to do a test with a extremely low camera battery but will later today.

Jason:
I have a couple of BOSCAM BOS350 5.8G 350mw 32CH Transmitters with direct connectors for GoPro 3+.
I get great images to my monitor when the not using the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3 Axis gimbal connection; same with the ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz AV Transmitter.

Thom

I performed two tests one with partially full battery and the other completely drained battery. In both tests the charging message appears but only for a second or two then there's a video image. For even with the charging message on the screen it shows that the video is passing through the gimbal to the TX or the screen would be blank. So I would not put the blame on the gimbal just yet.

There is a possibility that the camera needs to updated so here's how to check which firmware your camera has.
How to Check Your Camera's Software Version | GoPro Support

Then check which is the latest firmware for your camera.
Software Release Information for all Products | GoPro Support

Also make sure you have the latest gimbal firmware installed in the P2 upgrades as that is important for the operation of that gimbal. Once again this is the 1.0.0.12 latest gimbal frimware.

I can see the IOSD data on the monitor, but no video image.
I'll check both of my GoPros again.

Both HERO3+ Silver Editions Up to date according to the GoPro Site.

HERO3+ Silver Edition v03.02 | September 2, 2015

Last edited:
Well according to your photo both iOSD and the tx are working.

But you keep evading answering one question what is the gimbals firmware. Is 1.0.0.12 which is the latest or not. You can call DJI Monday morning and may you'll lucky you're not put on hold but I don't think you will get the answer you are looking for. If you decide to call GoPro do not mention DJI phantom because you will be told to contact DJI. In other words GP and DJI are at odds over what DJI pulled with the first H3-3D gimbal.

I found the problem. The USB connection to the Zenmuse H3-3D. I bought the conversion, now all is good.
FPV Upgrade Back-insert AV Output Connector for DJI Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal Part56 Gopro Hero 3 3+

upload_2015-11-1_14-29-26.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik