Trouble Upgrading FW

Reaction score
Will installing new fw on freshly formatted SD, all I am getting is Beep Beep, Beep Beep... This is a steady double beep, camera LED is Solid Green, and tell lights flashing Green, Red, Yellow, front just solid Red. No change after 30 min...

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Chris Elliott
Danville, VA

bbfpv, this is my full log of the txt file:

Result: Success.

========== 2015.07.05 11:22:02 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.07.12 15:31:16 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.07.12 15:44:34 =====================

========== 2015.07.12 16:10:03 =====================

========== 2015.07.18 11:47:05 =====================

========== 2015.07.18 12:13:34 =====================

========== 2015.07.26 15:26:16 =====================

========== 2015.07.26 15:36:23 =====================

========== 2015.07.29 10:23:48 =====================

========== 2015.08.01 18:05:20 =====================

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

I am having the same problem...but no lights flashing on P3P. Just solid green light above the camera.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am a newbie and I don't know where to find the service bin. ANY help would be MUCH appreciated! My log was similar to OP.

My first update with firmware went smooth...don't know what I did wrong.

I had the same problem and same beeping noise after I tried to install on a freshly formatted SD card. Windows 10 formatted in Exfat format which is supposed to be ok for our drone. Checked what the original Sd card was and it was formatted to FaT32. So I deleted the old .bin file on the original dji SD and just replaced it with the new file. Annoying Beep for about 10minutes then it successfully updated. So I would suggest that it be FaT32 format.

Do you have more than 1 bin file in the root folder? The log looks to be referencing the older 1.2.6 software.

I re-formatted in FAT32......put the new .bin file on the SD card and let it go for 15 minutes. No luck. And the front two motors (not turning obviously) were really hot to the touch, back two were cool. I don't get it. I guess I will try a different SD card and try again. I just don't want to burn anything up. My Phantom had absolutely NO problems up until this point. Over 80 flights and never a problem. Miss those days.

Weird but true!
Could not get P3P to update so I updated controller. It was a snap.. worked great.
Then I put SD card back in Gimbal base. Powered up and tablet shows "latest firmware".
Calibrated compass and up up and away. Whew glad that's over with.

Once you are updated all pieces, delete the fw update file, you never want it on the card when the fw is already updated otherwise it tried to keep downloading it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I give up. The thing just sits there and beeps. I would contact DJI but i hear their customer service sucks. Can anybody recommend a good repair facility? It has to be a soft(firm)ware issue as this all started when I downloaded the new firmware and tried to install it. I want to send it off before I take a hammer to it!

I give up. The thing just sits there and beeps. I would contact DJI but i hear their customer service sucks. Can anybody recommend a good repair facility? It has to be a soft(firm)ware issue as this all started when I downloaded the new firmware and tried to install it. I want to send it off before I take a hammer to it!
I paid Atlanta Hobby $35 to update mine cause I just installed a replacement (New)
4K camera. After I got home I discovered the tech still had my SD card. Drove 27 miles back to retrieve
it. The next day new firmware was released. Just my frkn luck. I updated it myself and now I can fly.

AFAIK when the light on the camera stops alternating between red and green and displays a solid green (with the double beeps) then the update is done. My log says success - exactly the same as the one posted above.

It's not very clear from the instructions as to when the update is complete.

To understand better diagnostic, use update log .txt file in the hidden directory "misc/log" !

*The process took around 20-35 minutes ( I'm not sure, I left the phantom in another room ...).*

My steps :

1) Format the SD card with Disk Utility(MAC) and chose exFAT or FAT32 (Windows) as the Format option .
2) Drag just the .bin file to the root folder
3) Eject the SD card
4) Insert the Sd card into the Phantom P3
5) Turn the Phantom on and leave him alone for 45 minutes if you want.

NOTE : the process will not start immediately , it may take a minute or 2 to do it. Someone said " I get no beeps,the P3P is just waiting for the controller..." , that is completely ok, thats the process, it happened to me and i thought "something is wrong " but everything was ok.

The sound is confusing, so have a look at the LED in the front of the gimbal, blinking Green and Red means update in process. Wait till the LED is not blinking anymore and is solid Green.

6) Check the upgrade status , remember : I got the message " The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft." Result: Abort." written in the status many many many times but at the bottom i found Status : success.

That is exactly what happened to me with one twist. When I removed file on SD card and reinserted
card at next flight attempt before I could calibrate compass aircraft started the 4 beep beep to update
from empty SD card. Today tablet says updates needed so I am going to start over I guess?
Yes I removed all file from SD card.

Will installing new fw on freshly formatted SD, all I am getting is Beep Beep, Beep Beep... This is a steady double beep, camera LED is Solid Green, and tell lights flashing Green, Red, Yellow, front just solid Red. No change after 30 min...

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Chris Elliott
Danville, VA
Hi
If you turn the P3 off does the Battery led turns red .1 min ..??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic