Trouble upgrading Firmware to Controller and.....

Reaction score
I've done every firmware upgrade since the P3 was released without any problems doing the upgrade, until NOW.

The Phantom 3 updated as normal, took about 10-15 minutes.

I can not get the Controller to initiate the update. I downloaded the .bin file to a USB thumb drive root file, plugged it into the controller and powered up the controller. That process has always worked until today.

Also I upgraded to the new DJO GO app on the iPhone 6 and i can't get it to connect to the controller. Is that due to the firmware not upgrading on the controller?

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

The controller firmware is updated via the Go app now. The app connects to the controller via a USB cable, so it's unclear what you're expecting there.

I did find that my first attempt to update wouldnt start... then checked and found the .bin file missing. Retransfered it to the SDCard and worked flawlessly

I've done every firmware upgrade since the P3 was released without any problems doing the upgrade, until NOW.

The Phantom 3 updated as normal, took about 10-15 minutes.

I can not get the Controller to initiate the update. I downloaded the .bin file to a USB thumb drive root file, plugged it into the controller and powered up the controller. That process has always worked until today.

Also I upgraded to the new DJO GO app on the iPhone 6 and i can't get it to connect to the controller. Is that due to the firmware not upgrading on the controller?

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?
The same here, my drone success upgrade, but nothing happened in RC , i followed all the dji tutorials but nothing happened , any newzz

Okay now im trying again to update my RC IT SEEMS WORKING WELL, i ignore the app go and i am updating thru the usb , , done well, hope that will help you guys

I don't even have a GO app since I'm on android lol. The instructions for my P3A say use the GO app. well, uh duh. I was forced to just do it the old fashioned way and got all the blue and green light confirmation dances but no text file generated. Seems to be working with the old DJI Pilot app for us sad android users.

I too was having issues updating the remote. I finally reformatted my usb drive to exFat and loaded the new .bin file on it. Plugged it in to the remote and turned it in, success, blue lights and appropriate beeps. It seems to have completed just fine, but I am not sure where to get a read out of the remote's firmware. Where can this be seen?

I too was having issues updating the remote. I finally reformatted my usb drive to exFat and loaded the new .bin file on it. Plugged it in to the remote and turned it in, success, blue lights and appropriate beeps. It seems to have completed just fine, but I am not sure where to get a read out of the remote's firmware. Where can this be seen?
Whatever firmware you had on the usb stick is what's on the controller if you got blue lights and beeps.

Nothing is working. I have not got a blue light on the controller since before is started upgrading today. I get the impression the USB port on the controller it no longer working. I have reloaded v1.2.8 back onto the P3A. I cant get my Android OS tablet or my iPhone 6 to connect to the camera. Unfortunately I cant get the old DJI Pilot to load back up on my phone, now that I upgraded to DJI GO. This can be very frustrating......Is there a way to do a hard reset on the controller?

When both the P3A and controller are both ON, I can physically control the drone; I just can't get the software to all connect.

I updated today controller (300B version) via DJI Pilot app on Android. When app started with drone on, it shows status screen, just click "updates detected" and then download and update.

The problem is that the new firmware updates the TX by the App. I dont know If the pilot App will do that or If You need the GO App to do it.
Its is a go app item
Mine went as smooth as a babies behind
2 birds and 5 batteries all done in less than 30 minutes both pro and advanced controllers upgraded right from the app
I came from 1.1.9 pro and 1.2.8 advanced neither had any hitches

Hey pilots... you need to upgrade the RC by plugging into the bird AT THE PLUG ON THE GIMBAL... not the front of the bird. Have both powered off when you do this... then power up the bird first with the bin file on the sd card inserted. Then power up the RC... it will think for about 30 seconds... then the RC LED will turn blue... it will make this stupid beeping sound that just pissed off my wife... from the Phantom update... takes about 3-5 minutes. When the RC light goes green... you're good to go...

I just took the P3P for a test flight... the gimbal overload warning is now GONE! and the new app seems to work fine. Interesting, is that they are letting owners go backwards now... to earlier versions of the firmware. Not sure why? getting around some issues with the FAA perhaps...

Not sure... would like some feedback...

CB

When updating the controller via the app if you get 'Update failed' and a 'disconnected' error it is a connection loss to the device, just unplug the tablet/phone and plug back in, click trust when asked and the update will continue after you press the 'update' icon. This happened to me, bird updated fine, updated the app, connected to the bird and got the Firmware update message on the status screen, but the update hung after downloading with the above messages and a constant beeping, unplugging the iPad and plugging it back in then hitting the 'update' button restarted it.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I created a thread yesterday with regards to the GL300B controller for the phantom 3. I had problems updating it at first, ie. i couldn't update through any method be it through direct connection to gimbal or through app or by usb/card reader.

I emailed DJI and they replied that for the GL300B controllers, there is no need to update(or rather there is no update available?) My system status showed all normal after a while, whilst in the beginning it kept asking me to upgrade the RC's firmware.

This morning when i woke up, i saw another email from the same DJI rep and she asked me to try updating via the app. I tried again and this time, the upgrade warning came back! And the difference now is that i can download and upgrade via the app when it was not possible yesterday.

So it is really confusing as i wanted to take my bird out for a flight today thinking its ok the my controller needs no upgrading, but now it does and i've some how successfully upgraded it.

Makes me wonder if anything would have happen if i went out and flew without upgrading the controller.

Hey pilots... you need to upgrade the RC by plugging into the bird AT THE PLUG ON THE GIMBAL... not the front of the bird. Have both powered off when you do this... then power up the bird first with the bin file on the sd card inserted. Then power up the RC... it will think for about 30 seconds... then the RC LED will turn blue... it will make this stupid beeping sound that just pissed off my wife... from the Phantom update... takes about 3-5 minutes. When the RC light goes green... you're good to go...

I just took the P3P for a test flight... the gimbal overload warning is now GONE! and the new app seems to work fine. Interesting, is that they are letting owners go backwards now... to earlier versions of the firmware. Not sure why? getting around some issues with the FAA perhaps...

Not sure... would like some feedback...

CB
you only need to plug into gimbal if the update fails through the app which is very few and seems to be old firmware level that effects if you can or not
That being said I came from pro 1.1.9 and advanced 1.2.8 with no issues and loaded all from app no usb gimbal crap

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4