Trouble Updating RC Controller on P3P to Version 1.5.0030

Reaction score
Well, my new P3 Pro arrive today. I have charged up both batteries and was starting the firmware updates. The aircraft had no problem updating. It was sucessful. The RC controller will not update. I have tried putting the micro sd card in the USB on the back of the controller as well as inserting the micro sd card into the aircraft and running cables between the RC and the aircaft. I have watched the firmware updating instruction video from DJI and followed it to a tee. Nothing. The RC Controller light will not turn blue and update. It remains red.

Please help if anyone has had the same issue. Thank you.

Well, my new P3 Pro arrive today. I have charged up both batteries and was starting the firmware updates. The aircraft had no problem updating. It was sucessful. The RC controller will not update. I have tried putting the micro sd card in the USB on the back of the controller as well as inserting the micro sd card into the aircraft and running cables between the RC and the aircaft. I have watched the firmware updating instruction video from DJI and followed it to a tee. Nothing. The RC Controller light will not turn blue and update. It remains red.

Please help if anyone has had the same issue. Thank you.
Use the dji go app to update your rc to the latest firmware.

Figured it out now updated. Thanks. One more question. Are you able to update the aircraft using that method or just the controller?

Figured it out now updated. Thanks. One more question. Are you able to update the aircraft using that method or just the controller?
The DJI app updates only the controller. You'll need to load the FW_VXX.XX.XXXX.bin file onto the Micro-SD card to update the aircraft. That might be a nice future update request though :).

The DJI app updates only the controller. You'll need to load the FW_VXX.XX.XXXX.bin file onto the Micro-SD card to update the aircraft. That might be a nice future update request though :).
It's probably coming soon. DJI has already done it for the P3S and Inspire 1.

It's probably coming soon. DJI has already done it for the P3S and Inspire 1.
I didn't know that P3S and Inspire owners could already update AC firmware via the app along with the RC firmware.

Mike, do you know if P3S and Inspire owners are also able to continue using the SD card method as an option to upgrade their AC firmware? If using the app to update, are they able to choose FW versions to install on the AC or are they forced to only use the latest?

do you know if P3S and Inspire owners are also able to continue using the SD card method as an option to upgrade their AC firmware?
DJI did not post P3S firmware on their website. You can still download it for the Inspire 1 though. I'm assuming they posted it there in case anyone wants to downgrade. I haven't tried installing the latest firmware on my Inspires via a memory card, so I'm not sure if it would work.

If using the app to update, are they able to choose FW versions to install on the AC or are they forced to only use the latest?
DJI GO automatically downloads the latest firmware version when you choose to install it. There is no way to select the version.

DJI did not post P3S firmware on their website. You can still download it for the Inspire 1 though. I'm assuming they posted it there in case anyone wants to downgrade. I haven't tried installing the latest firmware on my Inspires via a memory card, so I'm not sure if it would work.

DJI GO automatically downloads the latest firmware version when you choose to install it. There is no way to select the version.
Thanks sir.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie