Trouble transferring photo and video to iPhone

Reaction score
Hello all, new Vision owner, and new to the forum. I have been reading and learning much here.

I posted this in the Phantom Vision section, but thought because the Plus also uses the same app, the issue may have come up for a Plus owner.

Everything has been going great, I've followed the advice, and the manual, and after numerous flights I'm getting very comfortable taking off, flying, and landing. I'm surprised how easy landing is. At least in GPS.

Anyway, the one issue I have been having is transferring photos and video to my iPhone 6 with the Vision app. I just get the spinning ball on a grey screen.
The same with an iPad Mini. Though it works fine with an old iPhone 4. I would use the old phone as a dedicated viewer, but it will only accept 720P video, and the larger screen , and better outdoor viewing of the iPhone 6 is nice.
I have checked the privacy settings, and the DJI app is set to on. Funny though, if I turn it off I can now see whats on the card, but it won't transfer as I get a message to turn on the app in privacy settings.

I have uninstalled the app, the reinstalled it.
All three IOS devices are fully updated, though the old iPhone 4 can only update to IOS 7, the two that won't transfer files are on IOS 8.

My guess, is, it's something Apple changed in the WiFi protocol and DJI needs to make a update for it.

Does anyone else see this?
Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks, Dave.

I am running a 128gb 6plus with no problems

Have you tried doing a hard reset of the phone(sleep+home) till it reboots

Normally that fixes any issues I have with the software(I agree iOS 8 has its problems)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic