Trouble pairing old remote with new transmitter - DJI Phanto

Reaction score
Bought DJI phantom 1 recently. It came with newer remote that has gimbal control lever on back. I unfortunately lost the remote control and ordered replacement through B&H. The replacement is older version and doesnt have gimbal lever. I am now trying to pair the remote to receiver and it wont work. I am wondering if this is even possible to mix and match. My receiver is solid red, I try clicking link button and it blinks for 2 seconds but not very long. I then put throttle in lowest position and turn on control. I have tried 100 times with all different combinations and no go.

Any advice on what to do?

Re: Trouble pairing old remote with new transmitter - DJI Ph

Do you have a P 2 or P 1?

It sounds like you have a P 2 but have been sent a P 1 Tx unit, which is not compatible, or its possibly just defective.

If you have pressed and held in the led/button under the phantom and it won't pair, and you phantom worked ok before you lost the Tx, I'd send the new Tx back, citing its not the correct model for your phantom

Re: Trouble pairing old remote with new transmitter - DJI Ph

RogerClark said:
Do you have a P 2 or P 1?

It sounds like you have a P 2 but have been sent a P 1 Tx unit, which is not compatible, or its possibly just defective.

If you have pressed and held in the led/button under the phantom and it won't pair, and you phantom worked ok before you lost the Tx, I'd send the new Tx back, citing its not the correct model for your phantom
I have the 1st generation phantom, but there are two versions of the remote control out there. At first I had the updated contro with gimbal lever, now I have older version without lever.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik