Tripod Mount!

Reaction score
I've had this tripod sitting around for years and decided to put it to use. I grabbed a nut (lol) and roughed it up on the bench grinder (ouch!). Drilled a hole in the bottom of the RC and mixed up some Gorilla Epoxy. Seems to work great! Can't wait to see what steady rc control will do for distance!
IMG_20170318_212049275.jpg
IMG_20170318_213027023.jpg
IMG_20170318_213932070.jpg

Reactions: Unit505
How is this working? I need to get something similar for my controller as I cannot hold it for that long .

It works great! Best free item I've built yet! Lol. Haven't been flying much lately. The wife bought me a motorcycle and I've been pretty distracted. Time to get some flights in!

Now.....where to mount the phantom and all of the accessories for transport? Lol
IMG_20170407_171737925_zps7iz3wpgy.jpg

With a bike like that I would leave the aircraft at home. Just take your good lady along instead. If she has bought that for you she must be one amazing lady.

IMG_20170401_152205025_zpsjcpuxnpw.jpg
Oh she's amazing, but after a few weeks of me riding, she had to have her own. Lol. She did actually tell me to get the phantom back in the air this week. She has some footage that she wants me to get for her. I just hate driving my truck now!

Well that I can understand. If you have the weather it would be amazing. Over here between the wind and the rain on.y the brave venture out on a bike. I have t flown mine for near,y a week because of wind and rain. Go enjoy. I guess track mode will be perfect

I don't have any faith in track mode. Never has worked real well for me. We've had lake wind advisories for the past several weekends and rain in the forecast for this weekend. I was looking forward to Summer, but so far, this one has been disappointing. Hopefully we'll get some normal Louisiana weather soon. Hot and begging for some wind.

An interesting part of the world. We have a sea breeze to contend with here which I guess is the same as your lake wind. Thankfully we can usually predict it. I have lived here thirty years and run a weather station for nearly twenty five. At long last it seems my met knowledge can help in another hobby

I've had this tripod sitting around for years and decided to put it to use. I grabbed a nut (lol) and roughed it up on the bench grinder (ouch!). Drilled a hole in the bottom of the RC and mixed up some Gorilla Epoxy. Seems to work great! Can't wait to see what steady rc control will do for distance!View attachment 78724View attachment 78725View attachment 78726

I stumble upon this while cruising Instagram. It's from Satori Aerial.

Attachments

• Complete Tripod #2.jpg
    Complete Tripod #2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member