tried HL - big fail

Reaction score
Don't know what I'm doing wrong
Tried invoking home lock for the first time.
I had all go light sequence prior to take off.
Went out 50 yds in cl, flipped the switch down to hl all the while in gps mode then pulled the rt stick all the way down and the phantom turned rt angle and sped off then reversed course 180 clipped a tree and crashed.
My bad for sure as it ground the lens of the rx100 into the grit. (no damage that I can see so far)
Was I supposed to do something else. I was only at 20' btw
tks

yes ioc was enabled
Maybe I pulled the stick too hard or too far down because I pulled it all the way back.
Should I have nursed the stick gently rather than yank it all the way back?

halfpipe said:
yes ioc was enabled
Maybe I pulled the stick too hard or too far down because I pulled it all the way back.
Should I have nursed the stick gently rather than yank it all the way back?

It's possible.
the most important thing is to make sure you're flying in the correct mode. . (and further away), as it can get confusing.
CL will get really confusing, as it's based on the direction you point the craft when you first boot up (or set home orientation).

But yah,. be careful!

May I suggest testing both CL and HL by flying away at least 10 meters from you.
Make sure you get the rapid GREEN to confirm heading direction for CL and home point for HL.
This should happen around 30 seconds after the warm up, other wise set both CL & HL manually and carry on the test.
The flight pattern for the CL & HL look like below, so be careful when it comes closer than 10 meters because it may change direction on you!

CL-vs-HL-01_zpsfbf621ef.jpg

Move the stick slowly and see how it reacts.
Never move any stick to the extreme or yank or jerk it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20