Travelling with Phantom in a suitcase - on a plane

Reaction score
Hello

I am going from Norway to Rhodes in Greece next month and would like to take my phantom with me. I have a suitecase that is build for it (hard-plastic) - and wonder if some of you have take you phantom with you on a plane - and checked it in like luggage?

if so... will it be fine? or would you NOT do that? what is your experience with it?
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/Tough-Case-XRV-for-DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-p/xrvplus.htm

I'd personally take it through as hand luggage, saves any potential damage.

Some of the bags get thrown from about 20-30 feet up at airports.

Whatever you do make sure you take it on the plane as hand luggage and don't let it go in the hold!
Someone posted on here that when they checked their Phantom when they arrived at their destination the gimbal was broken because the case had gone in the hold and the baggage handlers always throw the luggage around. He even had "fragile" stickers all over the case.
I am currently on holiday and took my Phantom as hand luggage so that I could keep an eye on it.

I just flew mine to England and back from the US packed in a Pelican case and checked in the hold. I made a bracket to lock the gimbal in place and it travelled both ways just fine. Just take the batteries out and hand carry them since they are illegal in the hold.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj