Travelling with a P4/back packs

Reaction score
Hey people. Just wondering if anyone has a Phantom and takes it travelling in a Osprey farpoint 70 back pack? I’m looking for a back pack that will cater for a phantom, dslr camera and clothing

Well, when I bought my P4, I dug out an old (but well made ) Lowe Pro Travel Kinni, which is just a zip-around that takes the manufacturers case together with room for another photo bag above it. It is a really comfortable harness system and I carry it all day in the hills and never tire of it! It also has a separate zip pouch sewn on above it fo a few clothes etc..

I'll post a picture tomorrow because the prinicple would apply to other "shell" type rucksack systems.

Well, when I bought my P4, I dug out an old (but well made ) Lowe Pro Travel Kinni, which is just a zip-around that takes the manufacturers case together with room for another photo bag above it. It is a really comfortable harness system and I carry it all day in the hills and never tire of it! It also has a separate zip pouch sewn on above it fo a few clothes etc..

I'll post a picture tomorrow because the prinicple would apply to other "shell" type rucksack systems.

Much appreciated Geoff! I’m interested to see what’s about

Hey people. Just wondering if anyone has a Phantom and takes it travelling in a Osprey farpoint 70 back pack? I’m looking for a back pack that will cater for a phantom, dslr camera and clothing
The Osprey doesn't look like a fit to me, but I've never owned one. I think you'd be much better off with the Think Tank Helipak V2. It has the room to hold a Phantom, batteries, RC, iPad and a DSLR. Loads of rooms inside and it's made for the Phantom line. The materials are great, especially the main compartment zipper, with is similar to my wetsuit zipper, big and beefy. B&H has the best price from what I can tell, $150. I have the V1 and love it, but the V2 is lighter and places the batteries in the bottom of the pack, which is an improvement for balance when carrying for short distances on one shoulder, which is what I do 90% of the time.

Reactions: Mr Wings

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl