Travelling to United States

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am travelling to the USA from England, flying into New York City on the 1st September. I am looking to take my P2V+ on the trip as I will be driving the width of the states from east to west coast. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on travelling with the phantom?

I have read into the rules regarding Lipo batteries and will be taking them on in carry on luggage alongside the Phantom in a case. My main concern is the reception I may get from US customs agents, especially given that I am travelling into New York city.

Has anyone traveled into the country and if so what sort of reception did you receive?

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s. You should be fine, it's only the USA. ;) Just be aware of the guidelines for flying in NYC and National Parks are off limits unless you fly in from outside the park lands. Lots of new rules popping up so do your research on the areas you would like to fly. Enjoy your trip!

Reactions: dirkclod
Unless you're going to Niagara Falls, I wouldn't take that horrible **** I-90. (Rochester area is nice, but eh...) Go down through Virginia and Kentucky and Tennessee. Just beautiful. Avoid Cleveland and Chicago if you want to see that metropolis for some reason.

Then you'll need you hook it back up through the "flyover states", which is what pretentious douchbags refer to the middle states of the U.S. Avoid St Louis...

If you go through Kansas and eastern Colorado, be prepared for FLAT, BORING. But, I highly recommend driving through Denver and the Rockies, or you could roll up through Wyoming and Montana then cut over to Yellowstone. Amazing. Flaming gorge, park city, go see northern California, Oregon then definitely... The Pugent Sound in Washington. Anacortes, Wa is awesome. That P2V will get some serious action.

Oh, and if you get a chance, go to Wimberley, Texas. Then Marble Falls, Lago Vista, Austin.

Or do your thing. Haha !

Last edited by a moderator:
I travel a couple of hundred miles on I-90 every week, it is not bad at all. Traveled worse. ;) If your going through Rochester be sure & say Hi. Niagara falls on the Canadian side and a big YES to The Badlands of the Dakotas and Yellowstone is a MUST see.

Reactions: dirkclod
Apparently, across the USofA, there is a route where you can get your kicks. Not sure which one it is though

Reactions: Matty4
Apparently, across the USofA, there is a route where you can get your kicks. Not sure which one it is though
Route 66
A66.gif

Then you'll need you hook it back up through the "flyover states", which is what pretentious douchbags refer to the middle states of the U.S. Avoid St Louis...

LOL well... you're clear in your opinions that's for sure... I literally laughed out loud at this....

Massachusetts and New Hampshire, Connecticut Not far more history in those areas than just dwellings.
Have fun no matter what!
Darn Brits get like 3 months paid vacation a year! Were lucky to get 2 weeks sometimes. :)
I'm married to a South Londoner.

You should receive a nice welcome smile a lot Brits are always welcome.
TSA and Customs see drones all the time.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20