Traveling with your Phantom (flying/cruise)

Reaction score
I'm going on a cruise to Alaska in June and really want to take my P4.
I'm flying from LA to Seattle first then taking the cruise. I'm not looking to fly it on the boat itself, but to fly when we going into the different ports. Has anyone taken their Phantom on a cruise? I'm concerned about when taking it on and off in each port.
Also, what do I need to do when flying with a drone?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

call the cruise ship and see what they tell you

Reactions: BigAl07
call the cruise ship and see what they tell you
And get it in writing.

Also some airlines are getting VERY strict on carrying any significant LiPo batteries on their planes. Even though the FAA states that most of what we use is "allowable" the Pilot In Command still has the right to refuse your traveling with them. All they have to say is, "We don't feel SAFE with them on board" and it's a done deal. No ifs, ands, or buts... no boarding the plane (or even worse made to exit the plane and miss your flights).

Honestly as much as I LOVE cruising, flying and droning I find it's much easier to leave it at home.

Reactions: flpholt
Jim Bower went on a cruise and asked. He states that they told him he could not even bring his drone on the ship.

As far as flying... should not be any problem. TSA has no issue and the airlines all allow lipos (they have a limit). To add to that, the airlines don't even know what you have in carry on as they never look or ask (TSA is the government, not the airlines). I've taken my Phantom on about 8 flights without any issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Just called the cruise line and they said its prohibited from bringing a drone on the ship. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj