Traveling with my p3s

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm going through O'hare this weekend to Atlanta and was planning on bringing my drone with me, I have the power extra backpack is there anything special I should know for getting through security other than no more than 2 batteries?
-Ryan

I'm going through O'hare this weekend to Atlanta and was planning on bringing my drone with me, I have the power extra backpack is there anything special I should know for getting through security other than no more than 2 batteries?
No more than two batteries? I haven't heard that one before.
Go to your airline's website and search for batteries or Lithium to see their policy.
It will be based on the FAA policy that says you must keep the batteries (more than 2 is fine) in your carry-on luggage - definitely not in checked luggage.
No need to have Lipo bags or discharge the batteries, either.
No-one at the airport will even blink when they see th e Phantom in the X-ray scanner.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Go to your airline's website and search for batteries or Lithium to see their policy.
It will be based on the FAA policy that says you must keep the batteries (more than 2 is fine) in your carry-on luggage - definitely not in checked luggage.
No-one at the airport will even blink when they see th e Phantom in the X-ray scanner.
Do you have to tape the battery terminals?

The two battery limitation is for big batteries (from 101 to 160 watt hour, nothing bigger can be flown on an airplane). The P3 battery is around 70 watt hours, so safely below. In theory there's no limit for the batteries used in the P3, but I'm pretty sure most airlines will raise a red flag if you tried boarding with, say, 15 batteries :)

That limitation is a problem for big, custom drones, where you can find batteries bigger than 100 watt hours pretty easily, and batteries above 160 watt hour are not that uncommon

Reactions: Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik