Traveling to Maui with Phantom 4 on Delta

Reaction score
What is the best way to travel by airline with a Phantom 4 and batteries? Do I need to advise the airline ahead of time? Should I carry on all drone equipment? How should the batteries be packaged?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You do not need to advise the airline ahead of time. Your spare batteries must be packed in your carry-on bag with the terminals covered (see more details here). Everything else can be carried on or checked in.

Reactions: Schnauzergeek
IMO, put all your stuff in a backpack that adheres to the airline carry on size limit (22X14X9"). All batteries need to have some form of protection, such a tape on the terminals or separate compartments that would prevent anything metal to come in contact with the batteries. Carry all your stuff on the plane an keep it in the overhead storage. Don't check your drone as baggage unless you have the heavy duty Pelican style cases, but you still have to carry on the batteries. The problem with pelican cases is you can't go hiking in Hawaii with them. A good backpack is worth every penny when traveling. I've made over 40 airline flights with my Phantoms using a backpack, never had an issue. I've evaluated many backpacks for the P4, but I like the Think Tank Helipak best. Perfect size, great materials, configurable design.

I'm in Hawaii in two weeks also? I'm going capture some whales on video, that's my goal anyway. :rolleyes:

Did you see the DJI video showing how marine biologists collects whale snot while flying right over whales as they come to the surface and spew snot out their blowhole? Apparently whale snot tells a big story about the health of a whale. Can you imagine?

What do you do for a living? Oh.... I collect whale snot using an Inspire drone.

Sorry to get off subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnauzergeek

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31