Traveling to Bahamas form US

Reaction score
I just bought a case from Drone Crates for my P3P. Which is awesome!! I'm flying to the Bahamas and would like to know if anyone has had any issues with taking there P3P. Everyone's feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid it would dissappear or get damaged from TSA.

Reactions: Kris@DroneCrates
Are you putting it in the hold or hand luggage, and where are you flying from?

When I flew out of Miami the plane was tiny and the overhead bins could barely take a laptop bag.

The case is too big to carry on. I have to check it into baggage. Im leaving from Ft. Lauderdale.

I just bought a case from Drone Crates for my P3P. Which is awesome!! I'm flying to the Bahamas and would like to know if anyone has had any issues with taking there P3P. Everyone's feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid it would dissappear or get damaged from TSA.
I flew to Turks and Caicos from New York and I had no problems with customs or anything. My hard shell carrying case was too big for a carry on so I had to check it in as luggage. The drone was perfect fine flying there and back. Check out some video I shot!

please update thread with your experience with bahamas customs. we will be going in december. I've heard they sometimes will make you pay a duty of up to 40% value of the quad. I guess it is luck of the draw if they pick your bag to inspect or not.

Reactions: Gentry2919
I arrived on Monday but did bring my P3P. I asked customs about bringing them in the country and they said you would have to leave a 45% of the net worth for a deposit when you arrive. He said when you leave they will return the money. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I'm thinking you will never see your money again. Maybe I'm wrong but I would chance it.

Really nice video JJ

I arrived on Monday but did bring my P3P. I asked customs about bringing them in the country and they said you would have to leave a 45% of the net worth for a deposit when you arrive. He said when you leave they will return the money. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I'm thinking you will never see your money again. Maybe I'm wrong but I would chance it.
so you ended up not bringing the phantom?

As I was going through TSA in Savannah, a woman in line recognized my hardcase and told me that she got charged $900 in Bahamas (think it was bahamas) as tax. Going to leave mine at home for all trips out of the country.

That is correct. I did not take it with me.
what a bummer about the bahamas! so many conflicting reports though - I guess it is luck of the draw...

out of curiosity, when you exit customs in the bahamas, do they x-ray all your luggages or do they randomly pick people and check their bags and if they see your phantom, then they'll extort the custom fees from you?

I took a P2 with me to the Bahamas on a Carnival cruise and had no issues at all. Carried it in a GPC backpack and no one cared let alone even noticed much.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4