Traveling the world with my phantom and questions

Would you rather see drone footage from Alaska or UAE?

• Alaska

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • UAE

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to this forum but am excited to learn from you all. I'm currently blessed with the ability to fly to most major international cities around the world for either free or less than 10% of a normal ticket. I also will have nearly a month and a half in Nov/Dec before returning to school. Now combining this with my drone leaves for endless adventures and exploration. Hoping to capture some incredible footage along the way.

My question to you all is the logistics behind carrying my drone into foreign countries. Right now my travel itinerary is looking something like this.

CHI > Tokyo > Hakkaido > Tokyo > LAX > Auckland > Syndey > LAX

Granted I have the time, I was looking into either going to Anchorage or Abu Dhabi as well. Does anyone know about any restrictions for bringing a drone into japan,NZ,AU, and UAE?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to this forum but am excited to learn from you all. I'm currently blessed with the ability to fly to most major international cities around the world for either free or less than 10% of a normal ticket. I also will have nearly a month and a half in Nov/Dec before returning to school. Now combining this with my drone leaves for endless adventures and exploration. Hoping to capture some incredible footage along the way.

My question to you all is the logistics behind carrying my drone into foreign countries. Right now my travel itinerary is looking something like this.

CHI > Tokyo > Hakkaido > Tokyo > LAX > Auckland > Syndey > LAX

Granted I have the time, I was looking into either going to Anchorage or Abu Dhabi as well. Does anyone know about any restrictions for bringing a drone into japan,NZ,AU, and UAE?

Thanks

Keep in mind the temps in Anchorage average below 25F in Nov/Dec and daylight lasts only 6-8 hours during those months. Not ideal drone flying conditions.

How would you feel about a fellow Phantom Pro pilot tagging along for the journey & experience? I'm not married, lease is month to month, been averaging a minimum of 2 batteries a day since I bought my P3P 3 months back.
My passion for flying(video, photography &
Editing) is the only thing that rivals traveling the world!
Might seem pretty strange to just throw that out there but I'm very serious & free at that time. Would love to have somebody to make that journey with & to bounce ideas off of while shooting locations. Not to mention the extra set of hands, experience, support, combination of components between us, etc...
PM me with your thoughts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

If you could do Alaska, I think the geography would be great!

My first plans for our circumnavigation had us going into Alaska and now three versions later, it is back on for Summer 2021.

If you can slip over to Thailand it is supposedly amazing to shoot there too.

Avoid the southern Philipines if you are looking to jump there in between.

Avoid anything in the mid east. Your life and liberty are not worth it. There are calculated risks any of us might take but those numbers are bad, even in a "safe haven" like the UAE. Go check ActiveCaptain and Cruisersforum - many are saddened to loose some very nice places but it is what it is.

What are your thoughts on data/footage storage with all of your "adventures"?
How are you editing, post production & what are your plans for getting it "out there", or you still just enjoying the flying & stocking up for now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I'm curious about the Alaska question. The missus and I have a cruise scheduled for next month and I was planning on taking the P3P with me. (provided the ship allows it. still waiting on a response). We're hitting Juneau, Glacier Bay, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria. I'm wondering if anyone has flown in these areas and what advice, limitations, restrictions, etc you might have.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl