Traveling international

Reaction score
I am traveling out of country soon and I'm taking my phantom 3 standard drone with me. My phone will be in airplane mode the whole time I'm there to avoid excessive cell phone charges. My question is how do I create a home point without using the phone? Will the automatically create a home point using gps? What other possible issues will I run into? Thanks guys

The Phantom's internal GPS receiver is used to mark its home point location.

You should be alright since the home point is recorded using the drone's GPS after you calibrate the compass at the launch location. I don't see any problem at all since you don't need cellular to fly it.

I am traveling out of country soon and I'm taking my phantom 3 standard drone with me. My phone will be in airplane mode the whole time I'm there to avoid excessive cell phone charges. My question is how do I create a home point without using the phone? Will the automatically create a home point using gps? What other possible issues will I run into? Thanks guys
Always make sure you get the Green flashing LED's before taking off and you should be good! Also if you need to, set your max altitude, since you can't change it without the app.

You can use the wifi on most phones if you access it after turning on airplane mode. Give it a try before you travel.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik