Traveling abroad with no checked luggage?

Reaction score
I'll be traveling to London, Italy, and the Philippines soon and I'm really trying to figure out the best way to be able to bring my P3S. I've looked at many different backpack cases but I'm trying to figure out a way to bring the drone and enough clothes without checking anything at the airport. I'll be moving around a lot while there, as well as having several connecting flights so I'd like to just keep everything on me at all times. Can anyone recommend a setup for this?

Also, is it even worth bringing the P3S on a trip like this?

Seems like an impossible task not to check at least one large suitcase for this trip...
Keep all the value on you backpack, and throw everything else on the suitcase.
What if you try to for everything on a small carry on suitcase, and then either size or weight will not comply with the airline? Then you are in trouble! Have to have a plan B. Maybe a duffle bag to throw in the plane belly??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Depending on where you travel will dictate the carry on requirements, or more specifically, the strictness.
Around the US its easy to fly with two carry on (officially a "personal item" purse, laptop bag etc) and a roller board.
This also applies to flying on a US carrier to an international destination.
I know down in Australia and NZ they are a little more strict on the carry ons. Same with Europe to an extent, but I have managed to travel with my backpack (with my XuGong V2, and recently my P4) and a small roller board (18") without any trouble. I just got back from Japan 3 days ago, and had no problems, on my 5 flights.
I have a custom backpack for my P4, that will fit under the seat in front if need be, but generally I will get it up overhead.
I will gate check my other bag at the gate if they need me to.

Europe is also strict on what you can carry as hand luggage, I had my prop blades taken by security when I checked in for a flight from Germany to Norway.

Europe is also strict on what you can carry as hand luggage, I had my prop blades taken by security when I checked in for a flight from Germany to Norway.

Man I hear some weird stories. I flew all over Europe last October including multiple flights into and out of Munich, Frankfurt, and Berlin. Wasn't questioned once.

Do you have Carbon props? Its the only reason why they might that I can see???

Im onto my second passport in 12 months just to give you an idea of how often I deal with security and Immigration... :/ , and have never had any trouble at all. I may have been asked to remove my batteries once to be rescanned.

(I had better not be jinxing myself... I have Iceland, Norway, and France coming up in 2 weeks...)

Nope, it was just the standard ones that come with the P4.
Maybe it was just over zealousness, it was only a small airport, Bremen.
I was lucky that the guy I was visiting had a spare set I could borrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj