Travel to Cayman

Reaction score
Thought I would do a little travel log and relay my experience traveling and shooting with my Phantom. As I've posted, this is my 3rd unit after a couple of P3As with crack issues I utilized Black Friday sales and upgraded to a P3P. I received my new bird on Monday and took out for a little test yesterday to ensure that there were no issues. Short flight around a local field. All good.

So I packed up the quad, three batteries in a Lipo bag, and the controller in my carry-on. I needed all the room I had so didn't use any foam packing, but rather surrounded the bird in t-shirts, socks, shorts, etc... And off to Cayman we went this morning.

We had a TSA pre check security line so went through without taking anything out of the bag.

As I expected my bag was pulled aside for a look see.

They did a complete swab around the interior of the carry on bag and were particularly interested in the batteries. I had taped off the side terminals with black electrical tape, just for good measure. This seemed counter productive as it drew particular interest and they pealed the tape off each one to check it out.

The way I had packed left the camera exposed when they opened the bag and they asked what it was. They accepted my explaination that it was a camera and the batteries went with it.

They were very polite and apologetic about having to check out my bag. I told them I was glad they did as I assumed it would look suspicious if you didn't know what it was.

So that was it. Off we went. We got to Cayman late this afternoon. I've brought my batteries up to 75-80% and will top off in the AM.

First flight planned for sunrise tomorrow morning.

More to follow.

Tim

Reactions: callmecue
Great start today. I did several videos and stills. All went well, got a nice sunrise video. I guess I can't upload a video here, so will have to load elsewhere and add a link.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie