Transportng phantom with battery inserted

Reaction score
I'm just wondering. You guys transporting Your phantom's with battery inserted or i must avoid that situation? I dont have any more places for batt in my case ant that's why i'm asking. And i mean transporting in short distances not overseas or something like that.

It's not the physical attachment that's the problem, it's the electrical which comes with it on these batts. when inserted.

So I wound never advise anyone to leave the batteries in these quads.

I don't do this ever.

I'm just wondering. You guys transporting Your phantom's with battery inserted or i must avoid that situation? I dont have any more places for batt in my case ant that's why i'm asking. And i mean transporting in short distances not overseas or something like that.

Always have one in the P2 and rarely ever pack it in the hard case. When traveling to a location the P2 and RC are on the backseat of my car and the hard case with all the extra accessories is in the trunk.

It's no? physical attachment that's the problem, it's the electrical which comes with it on these batts. when inserted.

So I wound never advise anyone to leave the batteries in these quads.

I don't do this ever.
Yes but i'm wondering what consequences leaving the battery inserted may have? Other than frying my fpv transmitter when its accidently turned on wchich is nearly impossible. I have two spare batts 5cm from the quad in that same case.

Some would argue stress on the data pin connectors may be bad but my rule-of-thumb is to always remove the power source from any of my R/C stuff when not in use.

It's not so much because of possible consequence(s) but more just good practice IMO.

I'm thinking about sliding out the battery from p2 for about 15 mm so the battery have no contacts with any of the pins. And then securing batt in that place so its not sliding back and forth

Leaving the battery in the P2 or any quadcopter for that matter is not a problem. Do you take the li-ion batteries out of you laptops, cell phones, watch or cameras?? No! But why not? So what makes you think it's harmful to leave it in your P2??

Leaving the battery in the P2 or any quadcopter for that matter is not a problem. Do you take the li-ion batteries out of you laptops, cell phones, watch or cameras?? No! But why not? So what makes you think it's harmful to leave it in your P2??
No, but they also don't suffer the same duty cycle a Phantom battery does nor are they exposed. I carry all my RC batteries in metal ammo cans just because.

No, but they also don't suffer the same duty cycle a Phantom battery does nor are they exposed. I carry all my RC batteries in metal ammo cans just because.

Either your not old enough to remember when cell phones and laptops caught fire and those batteries weren't exposed either.

Either your not old enough to remember when cell phones and laptops caught fire and those batteries weren't exposed either.
LOL, I wish!
I never said they didn't catch fire, just seems it's not as often. All li-po (li-ion) batteries should be treated with care.

In my R/C things, I've always taken the battery out of the craft unless I could disconnect via a power cable like on my smaller R/C quads.

It's a habit I've had for years and I'm not going to change now. Knowing my luck, the battery would get a mind of its own and turn on, overheating and catching fire or, at a minimum, burning up my motors and ESC's since I leave the props on all the time unless I'm doing maintenance.

I have a battery installed when traveling by car, I have it installed when its just sitting at home. Sometime I pull it out an inch.
Only difference is I charge only when I know that I'm going to fly so 90% of the time they're sitting between 20-50% charge.
I have had my Phantom over a year and never has it turned on by itself and flown around the room with intention to kill me ;)

Reactions: jason
I have a battery installed when traveling by car, I have it installed when its just sitting at home. Sometime I pull it out an inch.
Only difference is I charge only when I know that I'm going to fly so 90% of the time they're sitting between 20-50% charge.
I have had my Phantom over a year and never has it turned on by itself and flown around the room with intention to kill me ;)

+1 [url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL]

Wouldn't that make a great horror flick! Attack of the killer drone! bbuwhhhhhaaaaa :eek:

A hijack of sorts... sorry...

I'm going away for a week (without the Phantom). Should I remove the battery since I won't use it for 8 days, or leave it in and not worry about it?
Leave it with 50-60 percent charge and remove it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31