Transmitter Wrong Firmware!!!

Reaction score
Hey all....
I'm new to this hobby. I downloaded the Quadcopter and transmitter Assistant programs from the DJI site. I loaded it. I failed to read the note in red... Do not use this firmware with the older transmitter. Use this if I have the newer version transmitter. Now my power ON LED glows green instead of red. It also beeps when powered up. I loaded Firmware 1.0.1.24
I tried to calibrate it using the RC Assit and everything looks good. The 7th Channel goes from -1000 to +1000.
Am I ok or do I need to roll back the firmware? If I need to roll it back, where do I get it and how do I load it?
HELP! Don't want to fly until all is well with the transmitter.

Going backwards will most likely have to be done by DJI. That being said the support might walk you through a process to roll it back.

As far as using it to fly with, once you have calibrated it, did you hook the Phantom up to computer running Phantom Assitant? If you did, did you go the the RC tab and "calibrate the sticks, s1,s2 and x1....so that its figures are learned by the P2? And finally, did all the slide bars display normal and center green when "Finished" was selected.

You are the first, that I have read here performing this unwanted upgrade. So you will have to be the Guinea Pig for all future forum readers. Select a wide open space and consider tethering just for safety reasons.

Thanks Damon.
Yep, connected the P2 to the computer and ran the Phantom Assistant. Got all green with both the craft and the transmitter. Everything calibrated.
Any idea on the best way to contact DJI tech support? It seems contacting them is another big problem.
Thanks

No, I have never gone through DJI phone tree....thank God!

If it were me, I would probably contact a local DJI Authorized dealer and work through them.

Good luck.

Good idea I'll give that a shot.
The one problem I found with this new firmware is once you take off you cannot take off again. Although the receiver in the phantom receives all channels correctly. Go figure.u
BTW. Does anyone know how to reset the transmitter to factory defaults? Maybe that would take it back to factory firmware? I wonder....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20