Transmitter won't work

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a DJI Phantom 2, the new H3-3D gimbal and a Boscam TS 353 Transmitter.
I installed everything as it should be, but I can't get a working picture on my monitor. Just static. Gimbal works though.

Cables should be good, just to be sure I'll summarize every cable connected on the drone:
- 8pin from gimbal to interference board to the drone
- red (transmitter) to red drone
- black (transmitter) to brown drone
- yellow (transmitter) to yellow drone
- another black (transmitter) to brown drone

The red light on the transmitter emits, so there must be power there. What else might be wrong?

Thanks,
Mx

Okay, update.

So I managed to see a greyish very distorted image on the screen that is coming from the camera. So there is a connection. But no matter what frequency I set both the monitor and the transmitter on, I never get a fully useable image. There is clearly something wrong with those settings.. Could it be there is a problem since the monitor has eight switches to determine the frequency channel, and the transmitter has only four?

I already tried other antenna's, and I also used different cables already but same result.

Mx

Re: Transmitter won't - camera fails when engines engage

Similar issue. Brand new P2V+ . Camera and control work perfectly until engines turned on, then image goes grey, then "connection to phantom failed" message appears. I re-binded, tried to start recording pre-flight, etc. to no avail. flys perfectly. called Austin service number and they suggested re-bind" and send it to them if problem persists.
got it to record briefly after engines engaged, but never for more than a few seconds.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions appreciated!!

The image your describe suggests a poor or missing ground connection at some point. This may not be to the TX, but to the camera.

You don't say what RX you have. There is a mis-match issue between the Immersion TX and the Black Pearl 32 channel RX, so check in the manual that you are on the correct channels in terms of published frequency for that switch setting.

Croaker, your issue is probably not the same, as your set up is entirely different.

noiseboy72 said:
The image your describe suggests a poor or missing ground connection at some point. This may not be to the TX, but to the camera.

You don't say what RX you have. There is a mis-match issue between the Immersion TX and the Black Pearl 32 channel RX, so check in the manual that you are on the correct channels in terms of published frequency for that switch setting.

Croaker, your issue is probably not the same, as your set up is entirely different.

noiseboy72, Thanks for the reply! I will start a new post; new to the forum and didn't mean to step on the original topic.

OK, according to the website, all the channels should line up, so to start off with, use channel 1 and work from there. The back of the monitor shows you the correct switch setting for channel 1 and the manual for the TX can be downloaded here: http://www.foxoffer.com/download/TS353-Spec-V3-1.pdf

Make sure the camera and monitor are both set to NTSC and see if the image stabilizes. Either the wiring is incorrect or you have a fault somewhere, but my guess would be a wiring error.

Maximiliaan said:
Hi All,

I have a DJI Phantom 2, the new H3-3D gimbal and a Boscam TS 353 Transmitter.
I installed everything as it should be, but I can't get a working picture on my monitor. Just static. Gimbal works though.

Cables should be good, just to be sure I'll summarize every cable connected on the drone:
- 8pin from gimbal to interference board to the drone
- red (transmitter) to red drone
- black (transmitter) to brown drone
- yellow (transmitter) to yellow drone
- another black (transmitter) to brown drone

The red light on the transmitter emits, so there must be power there. What else might be wrong?

Thanks,
Mx

tferrari said:
Take a picture showing the wiring and post it here. You can upload it to http://www.tinypic.com and share the link.

noiseboy72 said:
Either the wiring is incorrect or you have a fault somewhere, but my guess would be a wiring error.

Perhaps you should take a photo of your wiring connections and post it here. You may have your interference board wired backwards.

Try what Noiseboy said, check the camera and monitor are set the same either PAL or NTSC, having this wrong will cause this sort of issue.
Generally US is NTSC and UK, AUS use PAL, the reality is it won't matter that much for video playback.

So, I unconnected all the cables, so I can start anew. Can someone help me by saying what cable I need to connect to what cable? Because I must have been doing something wrong before..
The grey cables coming from the gymbal, the drone and the circuit board are untouched, but they might be wrongly connected too.

Thanks!
Mx

Attachments

• IMG_3476.JPG
    IMG_3476.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 414
Twist the 2 brown wires together and solder to the black TX wire. Link the red to the red and the yellow to the yellow. Cut back the green and white, as these are audio and do not need connecting.

There are two black and red wires.. The ones that are grouped together with the yellow cable, or the ones that are stand-alone?

Ok, I tried everything but nothing works. Got the red light from the transmitter working, so that means the power cables are working. Connected the yellow cable to the yellow cable, should be right, and still no image. I do notice a signal. Whenever I twist the antenna a bit I do see movement in the noise pattern on the screen. I already tried different antenna's on both receiver and transmitter. Tried different channels too. Getting pretty sick of it right now, is there an alternative that works easier and better than this? Is there another way to test?

Sorry, should have been clearer. The black and red on the multi-way connector are power output, so you do not need the red, only the one on the 2 way power connector. Connect all the black and brown together to ensure you have all the grounds connected.

My guess is that the fault lies deeper within the craft if you do not see video from the yellow wire. If you see a blank screen, then your TX is working. You can get a cable that goes directly from the go-pro to the TX, taking the Phantom and Gimbal wiring out of the loop. This may be easier than fault finding.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj