Transmitter wont power on.

Reaction score
I was updating the DJI 5.8Ghz Transmitter Firmware. It failed to update and the RC Assistant software told me to turn the transmitter off and try again. So I t turned it off, waited about 10 seconds, and turned it back on except it now wont turn on, no green light, no double beep. I've check the obvious, AA batteries are new, and installed correctly. Help a fella out?

The beep(s) and LED are most likely produced only by properly-running
firmware. So, it might be On but without good firmware, and it only
appears to be dead.

So, proceed as if it is actually On, and connect the USB cable...
then, does the PC and RC Assistant recognize the RC Transmitter?
If so, try again to do the update.

While moving it around to open it, plug in the USB cable,
or change the batteries, the power wire might have come loose.
Inspect all the internal connections carefully.

Finally, there is the dealer, and, in jest...
filling it with stones to use it as a doorstop. :eek:

I've tried plugging it back into the USB, The software wont recognize it, as I do not receive any activity lights in the software, you know in the lower left of the window, they are dark. Ahhh Son of Bad Word!

Oh yes the black and red power leads are securely attatched to the main board. Oh wait what this? There is a micro push button momentarily switch on the mainboard. I've pressed it, I've turned it on while pressing it, have pressed and held, have pressed and held while turning it on.

What does this switch do?

I just got it to connect, tried a DIFFERENT USB port. (USB is so freay weird it always has been during troubleshooting.)

Anyway, Its connected to the Assistant Software, still wants the update, and still is on the original firmware too. I guess I'll reflash it huh ? Yeah I'll Go 4 It. :?

OK!!! We back in Good Shape! Whew!! However it says it back on the original firmware. Oh well, I was just doing what was recommended by DJI, yeah, I go test fly.

Thanks for your help mate.

I would still like to know what the micro switch is for.

Jeff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31