Transmitter tape problem and zenmuse cable problem!

Reaction score
Hi! I need som tips or tricks to make my transmitter keep in place. double sided tape does'nt work that good because of the slightly convex bottom.

Also, does anyone having the same problem as me regarding the zenmuse cable?

Regards, Lucas

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420577440311.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420577440311.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 611
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420577458681.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420577458681.jpg
    972.8 KB · Views: 648
Hi. I had the same problem on my P2 with the tx always coming off. I tried automotive 3M tape, and industrial strength velcro with no luck. Finally I went to a hobby shop and got some servo tape for the rc cars. It has been holding like a charm. I just hope I never have to remove it. That would be tough to do. Good luck....

I humbly suggest your transmitter isn't in an ideal position - having it directly in the center like that can make swapping batteries challenging with the antenna right there. That's also causing the trouble with the Zenmuse ribbon cable. I would either move the transmitter off center or turn it diagonally, make sure the antenna is towards the side WITHOUT the compass. That should both make the battery clip more accessible, and move the Tx cables away from the Zenmuse ribbon

I personally use 3M outdoor double sided stickytape, 2 layers and it's been holding my TS353 just fine. When I was running a TS352 which is much bigger and heavier, I backed up the tape with a harness made out of like 5 little zip ties... you know, connect them end to end (except for the one you do last after it's "installed") and just wrap the "harness" around the body and tighten it down. super cheap and doesn't really add any weight

Re: Sv: Transmitter tape problem and zenmuse cable problem!

QYV said:
I humbly suggest your transmitter isn't in an ideal position - having it directly in the center like that can make swapping batteries challenging with the antenna right there. That's also causing the trouble with the Zenmuse ribbon cable. I would either move the transmitter off center or turn it diagonally, make sure the antenna is towards the side WITHOUT the compass. That should both make the battery clip more accessible, and move the Tx cables away from the Zenmuse ribbon

I personally use 3M outdoor double sided stickytape, 2 layers and it's been holding my TS353 just fine. When I was running a TS352 which is much bigger and heavier, I backed up the tape with a harness made out of like 5 little zip ties... you know, connect them end to end (except for the one you do last after it's "installed") and just wrap the "harness" around the body and tighten it down. super cheap and doesn't really add any weight
Do you have a picture of that?

hm unfortunately not the harness although I could get one. this is what I meant by turning the transmitter a bit, as you can see it's turned away from the compass leg

Attachments

• FPV and RC ant 1.JPG
    FPV and RC ant 1.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 513
Then I'll probably have to let the transmitter cables go through the other hole. Probably also have to buy one of these plug n play cables

Decent Velcro - proper 3M stuff and plenty of it works for me. I have liberally applied it to the whole of the rear half of the underside of the quad and a good strip on the TX.

LurreG said:
Hi! I need som tips or tricks to make my transmitter keep in place. double sided tape does'nt work that good because of the slightly convex bottom.

Regards, Lucas

Since this looks like show & tell I might well you how I mounted mine. I have used several double back tapes that really didn't do the job except one from 3M called Extreme Mounting Tape it's black and only 1/32" thick. Picked it up in the paint department at Home Depot but should available at any hardware store.
10424327_682296825222445_7857091216419158440_n.jpg

10805614_682296848555776_833282946545689597_n.jpg

10914747_682296895222438_599079745280484473_o.jpg

Here is my setup with the 3M Dual Lock:

goZUILK.jpg

3n2mAPa.jpg

The primary reason I chose this is because I wanted to be able to still use my GPC Backpack without modifying it. With the 3M Dual Lock (or Velcro), it's possible to re-position the transmitter so the antenna is not in the way for storage. Then when I want to fly, I just re-position the transmitter so that the antenna is in its optimal position.

LurreG said:
I re-routed my ribbon cable so that it comes out the front/side of the gimbal instead of that rear hole that's covered by tape. If you're shooting with a Hero 3 or 3+, you may want to consider replacing that USB ribbon cable by upgrading to the 30 pin connector.

See this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22798

The install is very easy. Here is a guide: http://www.ifpv.co.uk/dji-zenmuse-h3-3d ... r-upgrade/

And link for purchase: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-h3-3d-3- ... -part.html

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl