Transmitter question!

Reaction score
Hey!

2 days since I charged my transmitter, 3 flights, and still 90% battery. Can I charge it 100% (I love having everything 100% charged in all situations :) ) or do I need to let the battery drain a lot (if yes how much) before charging it again, just like the P3's one in fact? Do you have to take the same precautions with the lipo of the transmitter?

DJI does not mention how to care for the remote controller battery in the Phantom manual. The same goes for older versions of the Phantom. I've never seen anyone complain of remote controller battery issues. Therefore, it seems no special care is necessary.

Normally, I don't recharge my remote controller until it gets down to around 20%. But, I'll charge it sooner if I'm going away for an all day shoot. I never completely drain the battery and/or purposely use it until it dies. I've never had any trouble by following that simple recharge process.

I would not make a practice of continually charging your controller battery to 100%.

There's no need, and the lipo battery does not want to stay fully charged. You can safely fly to 50%. That's what I do.

Agreed with above.

Plus, consider that these devices employ voltage regulation.

In these cases this may be as low as 3.3v. So don't be concerned that you need 100% charge to achieve maximum power or range.

Rated power/range is maintained until the low voltage alarm or indication occurs.

Thanks to everyone! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers