Transmitter question

Reaction score
I am looking to replace the transmitter antenna and possibly install a power booster to the transmitter the transmitter uses a 5.8ghz frequency and the wifi uses a 2.4 ghz frequency I just want to make sure this is correct. I want to make sure I order the correct antenna for the transmitter any help is greatly appreciated

I put a TP-Link TL-ANT2408CL 2.4Ghz 8dBi antenna on my transmitter. Bit of tinkering required if you put it where the old antenna was. You'll also need an RP-SMA to ufl cable to mount the antenna on. Heaps of how to videos on YT.
It has extended the range to over 1000m@60ft altitude, however the video drops out around 700m so it was pointless unless you have vision like Superman. But I think the antenna is more reliable than the 5" long grey stock thing.

I'm trying to find out what type of antenna I can put on the Quadcopter end instead of that piddly little grey wire that's taped to one leg!? Anyone know??

Avenger44 said:
I am looking to replace the transmitter antenna and possibly install a power booster to the transmitter the transmitter uses a 5.8ghz frequency and the wifi uses a 2.4 ghz frequency I just want to make sure this is correct. I want to make sure I order the correct antenna for the transmitter any help is greatly appreciated
Take a look thru these forums as these mods have already been done by others and you can get some good ideas on how to proceed.
EDIT: There ya go!!

Thanks for the help what antennas and power amplifiers are you using ? I see most antennas are of a clover leaf design for the 5.8ghz output

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4